The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
CDFW to provide $567K to study carbon sequestration, greenhouse gas benefits | TheUnion.com

Apparently this paper loved doing articles almost weekly for SYRCL. I don't understand the whole leave the scorched earth from a high intensity fire because it's beautiful and beneficial to the animals (seriously?) thing but they want to "restore" meadows. Wait, it doesn't say what they will do to improve anything just that they will spends gazillions to sit in a meadow and listen to earth farts and measure the methane output. That's just great.

Anyone have any input on this scheme of love near a "restored" meadow?

Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems like yet another attempt to keep the people off of lands that belong to the citizens of this country. The biggest mistake that man as a species can make is to think that they know more than Mother Nature. She has had things under control for millions of years and here come man who thinks he knows better. Nature can take care of herself in her domain. Man would be better off cleaning up after himself than trying to,improve what nature has spentbmilloins of,years perfecting.

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Seems like yet another attempt to keep the people off of lands that belong to the citizens of this country. The biggest mistake that man as a species can make is to think that they know more than Mother Nature. She has had things under control for millions of years and here come man who thinks he knows better. Nature can take care of herself in her domain. Man would be better off cleaning up after himself than trying to,improve what nature has spentbmilloins of,years perfecting.

Exactly what I'm thinking! I'm sick and tired of vague articles intend to make your inner hippie feel good. These articles never state what will actually be happening or why. They just want you emotionally subscribed to their project so they can keep getting grants and good vibes.

It's one thing if a meadow has trash and chemicals oozing out of it (derp) but what they are coming off as that if they somehow improve what is already there (that doesn't seem to be polluted) California will suddenly have more water. Thats a dangerous kind of propaganda to subscribe to!

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
has nothing to do with a inner hippy or whatever boogie man, clean water is a billion dollar industry, and with more and more people it is getting more valuable every year, and I suspect with droughts it is going to take priority over everything else. water and energy is driving whole economies, and people are going to fight over it, as it is a big source of wealth, period

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
has nothing to do with a inner hippy or whatever boogie man, clean water is a billion dollar industry, and with more and more people it is getting more valuable every year, and I suspect with droughts it is going to take priority over everything else. water and energy is driving whole economies, and people are going to fight over it, as it is a big source of wealth, period

Which also riddles it with corruption, lies and scams. Sorry, I just don'y buy it. And at this stage in their "project" they are getting all this fundage to just study these meadows. They aren't wetland swamps, they're high sierra meadows with little brooks meandering through them.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
corruption is common everywhere, take your truth and your study and change their minds with your facts. After all politics is just getting a majority to agree with your point of view and to enact it..

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
corruption is common everywhere, take your truth and your study and change their minds with your facts. After all politics is just getting a majority to agree with your point of view and to enact it..

Sounds like you've already gone and done that. I'm not really sure what you are insinuating at.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

The "majority" of people in this country don't believe in MMGW, but that doesn't stop certain people from trying to jam it down everybody's throat.

The fact of the matter is the fact that this is all already known science. Oh wait, I forgot about the new "scientific concept" they have coined. It's called hydrological connectivity.

Things like bank storage, soil moisture contributing to prolonged water storage, and the like have been known for several decades.

Wonder if they are "looking" for a species that has adapted to it's local conditions in order to "proclaim" another "endangered" species?

None of this changes the fact that most of the people doing the studies today are actually only qualified to ask, "Would you like fries with that?"

timberjack

Sep 29, 2013
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Studies like this can creat jods for researchers who create one sided conclusions that creat undue and unjust restriction on all of our rights and we all get to pay for having our rights to our land taken away. Now if their were some kind of lagitimate review process. i wonder how many researchers are involved in researching fluff studies like this just in the state of california? And how much of a drag on tax payers it is? Dont get me wrong there are many lagitimate things to look into but........mabey we should look into how the area burned in the first place........lack of proper managment...restrictions on logging...mabey some full liad reduction work befor the area goes up in smoke....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread