Wetsuit Care

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps there is nothing more sinister & repulsive then a well-used wetsuit that has never been washed, this being a reminder after an entire summer and two recent full evenings of night hunting....."Whooo...", pretty stinky so today they all got showers and a good cleaning....lol
DSCN1170.JPG

Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
After surfing I always washed/rinsed my wetsuit off then turned it inside out and rinsed again. Man, if I didn’t, it would reek the next time I used it.
Now if I could just turn those dive boots inside out! lol.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
A must for sure...

Something I did to my summer wetsuit was put a small cut in the crotch area. Maybe one inch long, relieves the area of the yellow stuff quicker. As you walk the cut opens then closes helping flush the area. Now instead of the need to wash it daily It can go for weeks. And that's only needed because the bay is just down right rotten smelling sometimes.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After surfing I always washed/rinsed my wetsuit off then turned it inside out and rinsed again. Man, if I didn’t, it would reek the next time I used it.
Now if I could just turn those dive boots inside out! lol.

A fresh water rinse (and occasional soap flush) and hanging them on a broom handle to drain seems to work pretty good for me.

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put some shampoo in a 5 gallon bucket with water swish around a little soak a little then hang dry smells good afterwords

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread