Weve got to be nuts.

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
My mate and I were out yesterday detecting at the hottest day on record for 70yrs in our area. Its a good thing we were in the water. It reached 114 deg F or 45.7 deg C. But even in the water it was still very hot work, and we had to have a few trips in shore for drinks. Our finds were not good only 29 sinkers, $5 in coins and an old damaged silver ring. Even though we found nothing special I definately think we were in the right place. seeya Neilo

Upvote 0
OP
OP
neilo

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
The Forecast for today is 112 but there is a warning out it might go hotter than yesterday. phew :icon_sunny:
seeya Neilo

K

Kentucky Kache

neilo said:
The Forecast for today is 112 but there is a warning out it might go hotter than yesterday. phew :icon_sunny:
seeya Neilo

That's August weather in AZ.

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
I'm from Adelaide too, I wondered what it would be like detecting on one of those days, you would have thought more people more finds- did you hit a popular spot? It was 46 where I was working...

OP
OP
neilo

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
There wasnt that many people on the beaches, at that time of day. Most would have come later after we had left. We were down in Somerton area. People are still worried by too many shark sighting of late, so I guess that would stop people going as well. seeya Neilo

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sometimes wish we had sharks in freshwater to make things exciting. We do have Muskellunge which are a lot like freshwater barracuda. They have been known to strike boat props and flashy jewelry. Meanwhile I have over a foot of ice on my lakes.

slak jak

Mar 13, 2008
melbourne australia
Detector(s) used
whites pi 1000 x2. quatro , ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi neilo, we had similar in melbourne, i spent hours in
the water , finds were not good , petrol money &1 nice silver ring
but what else would one want to do on a day like that . best wishes to yourself & popeye . slak jak.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice weather where else would you want to be when it is 114 out. Nowhere else but in the water where you can cool off. If you get tirer of that hot weather sent it my way. it is in the 20's here snow and ice....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions