We've waged war on silver. Two firsts already.

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever since digging my first Indian head penny last winter I've known there is something different about digging coins. Though I got in to detecting for relics, primarily civil war relics, I now understand the fascination others in the hobby have with coins. It's a completely different feeling and I'm beginning to love the coin chase as much as the relic chase.
This video is the second edition to what Amanda and I are calling The Silver War series.
Now that we are coin hunting, I've changed my strategy and we've been hitting yards in historic towns and we're finding some really cool items.
Since starting this war on silver, Amanda has dug her first two mercs, I've dug my first V nickel, my first buffalo and in this video you'll see me dig an awesome silver coin that I thought would dodge me for at least a few years.
Hope you folks enjoy the video. I put a lot of time in it.

https://youtu.be/aPuhODJborE

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour

Upvote 12
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the nice finds! :occasion14:

Old coin shooting is a lot of fun and in some respects more difficult than my usual relic hunting.

GL & HH

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty much a relic hunter, but finding silver and other old coins as always a rush. Congrats!

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks folks. I'm really enjoying going after these coins.

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can relate to that. I mostly CW relic hunt but love to find coins. Coins are relics to and go hand and hand with relic sites. Some places we go there are better chances for coins and vise versa. I love it all, the older the better. Congrats on a great hunt and glad to see you expanding.
Merry Christmas!

HH RN

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to my world! Lol...I'm a coin freak by nature and if I happen across a nice relic...cool! Great post,...I showed my wife the pics and said " look honey, the girls go too!" (She's less than amused by my dirt duty, but loves the jewelry)...Congrats! Ddf...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread