WF Bank Teller Culles Sillver From Under My Nose

Yagershots

Jun 2, 2011
North East
Stopped at a WF while at lunch. Asked if they have any halves and was told the other teller just got some in. I looked down at the tellers tray that I asked and saw $3.50 loose there. Asked if could have them too and she said okay looked at them and said "oh this one is for, other tellers name." I tried to put on the charm, no go. :BangHead: It was only one looked like a 40%' 'er. Got the other two rolls from the other teller, Skunks. If I had a WF account I might of caused a stink. But it is what it is. John HH

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I think tellers do that on purpose, never happened to me since banks in my area have no loose haves... I would be really mad at that teller. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, hh!

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Perhaps being that the only one and she already knew. You should just not pick up the rest of them. Afterall they are just really dumps anyhow.

I would've said.. "Oh, nevermind and left". Tellers really don't like loose halves anyhow since they have to wait until they have enough to ship out.

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
I have no problem with tellers getting the silver but what I don't understand is why they don't put it in a drawer out of site. When they leave it right in plain view, I feel like putting up a fight for it.

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
This weekend, I went through the drive up lane and asked for halves. The teller told me that they had one roll and a bunch of loose ones. I said "I'll take em." She disappeared for a while and came back with $13 worth, but they were all loose. In my head, she un-rolled the one roll that she told me they had so she could search it before handing it over. At least she did it out of sight if that is what she did.

RP4L

Jun 3, 2011
Yagershots said:
If I had a WF account I might of caused a stink. But it is what it is.

There's a bank here that started picking in front of me. I now dump $150-200 at a time there just to give them something to do ;)

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
There are so many cherry picking tellers in my area that I refuse to buy anything but coin in rolls. Let 'em keep the rest.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
the worst thing is when you ask for halves, the give you a stack of clads, then reach in their drawer, pull out a silver half, and start bragging about how they pulled that silver half from that stack of halves that an oldd lady turned in...it really pisses me off...keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This happend to me today as well. I wish they would just keep it in the safe under the counter.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, the cardinal rule of always take em all does NOT apply if the teller snipes the silver before handing it over. If they do that to me I tell them forget it and walk out. Then proceed to dump pennies and nickels on them...

clorox

Jun 1, 2012
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Happened to me once. The teller went through the halves she had and put a few back in her drawer. She tried to hide what she was doing, but I got a glimpse of what she was pulling, and it looked like a common bicentennial. She then asked the other tellers if they had any halves, and I got handed a double roll with about 35 40% in it!

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have her fired,i would get in contact with the branch manager first telling him/her how one of the employees in refusing to provide currency to customers.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have her fired,i would get in contact with the branch manager first telling him/her how one of the employees in refusing to provide currency to customers.
You would have to switch to stamps as a hobby. Just smile and say thank you.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
If she has to keep one, then be sure to bring her more. Like $1500 - $2500 at a time.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This would be the elderly lady you were so proud of getting her fired right!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Grrrr..... Resurrected post...

angry.gif
:(" title="Angry">

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread