Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out this morning for a Hunt in Washington; just a little east of Seattle. State park with designated detecting areas.. nice park; lots of room. Took the Bounty Hunter LRP out for the first hunt. I think it will do ok, the recovery is slow compared to the F75 so you have to slow down a little. The deepest coin was a copper penny at 8"; rang up like a quarter. Also, pulled several pull tabs at 6,7 and 8 inches. So, I guess that gives a little confidence. Pinpoints ok.

Found my first drilled coin.. oldest coin 69'penny.

Headed back tomorrow morning; bound to be something old out there.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485660876.940905.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485660889.379797.jpg

Upvote 5

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks for the post I think this is the reality of hunt finds for a lot of us but its just as exciting every time of what we might find I even kind of like clad since Ive been saving every coin Ive ever found and my coin jars are filling up.I love the silver and gold but its not easy to find Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs, :thumbsup: Is your LRP the newer model or the older muffler on a stick model? I am assuming it's the older since you made the comment regarding it's slower recovery. The newer LRP had great recovery speed and is the best bang for the buck for anyone just getting into the hobby.

montcalm

Jan 31, 2015
Lévis, Quebec
Detector(s) used
Tesoro shark,Tesoro Cortes, ExcaliburII,Garett Atpro
Primary Interest:
Other
Lot of work probably will pay pretty soon!

OP
OP
DannyB.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs, :thumbsup: Is your LRP the newer model or the older muffler on a stick model? I am assuming it's the older since you made the comment regarding it's slower recovery. The newer LRP had great recovery speed and is the best bang for the buck for anyone just getting into the hobby.

Hey Loco.. I have the newest model.

I'm comparing the recovery speed to my own experience with Tesoro Compadre,Silver Umax and Fisher F75. Which isn't a fair comparison at all.. Tesoro's are faster than Fisher or Bounty hunter; so it's really just a swinging style adjustment on my part..I really shouldn't say recovery speed I suppose.

The recovery I'm most referring to is the time between when I pinpoint and swing over a target. I have a tendency to pinpoint and then wiggle or swing over the target right before I start to dig. Hard to explain.

Anyways.. after I release the PP button I have to wait 1 maybe 2 seconds before I can swing; otherwise it will not sound off on that target.

Regardless... this was the first hunt with it; I have no real complaints. It I.D.s well,hits deep, stable at full sensitivity, tones are good for my ears. Display is easy to see. It pinpoints very well; maybe even better than my F75; lot of reviews said that it didn't, mine does. Lots of features and adjustability. I did all the hunting yesterday in disc 3 ..

The HunterGt made some nice videos on the machine; I felt very well informed before I bought it( thanks Hunter )It's just to bad he can't hit those deep targets in his soil.

When you swing over a coin; you know it's a coin.

Headed out now.. I'll post up for day 2 this evening.

Danny.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can get down to the Bonney Lake area, check out Lake Tapps. They drain the lake each winter for flood control. All the the docks are high and dry exposing the swimming area for some great hunting.

Went out this morning for a Hunt in Washington; just a little east of Seattle. State park with designated detecting areas.. nice park; lots of room. Took the Bounty Hunter LRP out for the first hunt. I think it will do ok, the recovery is slow compared to the F75 so you have to slow down a little. The deepest coin was a copper penny at 8"; rang up like a quarter. Also, pulled several pull tabs at 6,7 and 8 inches. So, I guess that gives a little confidence. Pinpoints ok.

Found my first drilled coin.. oldest coin 69'penny.

Headed back tomorrow morning; bound to be something old out there.

View attachment 1408057

View attachment 1408058

OP
OP
DannyB.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you can get down to the Bonney Lake area, check out Lake Tapps. They drain the lake each winter for flood control. All the the docks are high and dry exposing the swimming area for some great hunting.

Thanks for the info Dan.. I'll certainly check it out. Always wanted to hunt some dry lake beds.

OP
OP
DannyB.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Day 2: Washington state park is being selfish with the goods!

Oldest.. 63' penny.. 64' nickel.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485801976.775411.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread