What a crazy winter were having

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one. Can't wait to hit first ice.....if that will happen. Temp in the mid 40's later this week. Gear is all ready for the season. :thumbsup:

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
I remember, say in about September, a lot of news agencies making a big deal out of the long-term forecast which claimed this was going to be a much colder than normal winter with at least twice the normal snowfall totals (for this area, Chicago in particular)... I suppose things could still turn bad, but I'm not seeing the snowfall thing at least... Of course for a daily forecast accuracy each successive day is only 80% as confident as the previous day ... Long term predictions ... eh; media going bonkers as if a Chicagoan had never seen a winter before :3some:

filthyflyer39

Oct 18, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari
p2c said:
I remember, say in about September, a lot of news agencies making a big deal out of the long-term forecast which claimed this was going to be a much colder than normal winter with at least twice the normal snowfall totals (for this area, Chicago in particular)... I suppose things could still turn bad, but I'm not seeing the snowfall thing at least... Of course for a daily forecast accuracy each successive day is only 80% as confident as the previous day ... Long term predictions ... eh; media going bonkers as if a Chicagoan had never seen a winter before :3some:

Could still happen, we usually get most of our snow in january and february

OP
OP
rob.s

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Lookn4Seated said:
Nice one. Can't wait to hit first ice.....if that will happen. Temp in the mid 40's later this week. Gear is all ready for the season. :thumbsup:

LOL!If we do get some first ice I'm ready as well :icon_thumleft: and some ponds I'd seen yesterday are wide opened..Also,a few friends had there boat out this past weekend :laughing7:

Jon-I sure hope we don't get that crazy forecast they were saying in Sep. with Chicago all that snow fall.My shovel is still hurting from last year :laughing9:

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rob.s said:
Lookn4Seated said:

LOL!If we do get some first ice I'm ready as well :icon_thumleft: and some ponds I'd seen yesterday are wide opened..Also,a few friends had there boat out this past weekend :laughing7:

Jon-I sure hope we don't get that crazy forecast they were saying in Sep. with Chicago all that snow fall.My shovel is still hurting from last year :laughing9:

If we ever get the ice, hit me up, I'm down for some brew and fishing.

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
way to go rob, let me know if you or anywone needs more ice fishing gear, getting rid of it all.

OP
OP
rob.s

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
[/quote]

If we ever get the ice, hit me up, I'm down for some brew and fishing.
[/quote]

Sure thing I'll let you know when and hopefully soon after this warm spell coming up..

Thanks guys!

Mark,I 'll spread the word around on the ice fishing gear and what do you have for sale??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread