what a day a cap badge and an 1861 half penny

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
The guys that know me here call me lead lord/lead king but today I would like to present two historical finds for your perusal.

Find one a regimental cap badge of the royal Northumber land fusiliers and the second a 1861 half penny

here is a link to this proud band of fighting men note the long history and the campains they fought in.

http://www.northumberlandfusiliers.org.uk/

the third picture is to illustrate what the badge looks like when clean.

I'm going to go to the museum to see if they can date it for me and who knows donate it for their collect enjoy.

These two finds came from my new site high hopes for this one guys

The coin doesnt show the details when I took the photo not 2 bad.

Attachments

• DSCI0056.JPG
    DSCI0056.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 426
  • DSCI0057.JPG
    DSCI0057.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 425
  • 7003.jpg
    7003.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 426
Upvote 0
Hi SIR, hey that is one nice cap badge. Glad you added the FOCUSED picture too...lol

Good hunting...see you in chat.

SKD

the badge could in deed be world war one but could be earlier or later taking it to the Royal Northumberland Fusiliers museum they should be able to date thanks for your reply

SoreKneesDayton said:
Hi SIR, hey that is one nice cap badge. Glad you added the FOCUSED picture too...lol

Good hunting...see you in chat.

SKD
Thanks will see if I can get a better photo of the badge I found lol

I'm just putting together a display of capbadges for this years season at the local museum. I have found many in two dumps (its a mystery how so many different regiments got dumped in two places??). That one you have found is one I still need & I have over 100. WELL DONE ;D

CRUSADER said:
I'm just putting together a display of capbadges for this years season at the local museum. I have found many in two dumps (its a mystery how so many different regiments got dumped in two places??). That one you have found is one I still need & I have over 100. WELL DONE ;D

Thanks a 100 badges thats awesom that is a mystery indeed why would they have ended up in the dump who would have figured that ?.

You never know what and where things are going to turn up I just glad to post something other than lead for once lol.

Thanks to the guys that reccommend reasearch the coin and badge I found within 5 minutes of starting to sweep.

Hoping to get back soon to the site best wishes S.I.R

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back