what a day for silver

vangogh4560

Mar 17, 2010
central sc
Detector(s) used
ace 250
i got my ace 250 only a few weeks ago and i have been hooked since day one.. till today i have got only a very cool Axe and a dog license from 1927 and pull tabs and beer cans and some clad.my dad has been doing it for years but he hunts for gold he lives on Melbourne beach FL he told me get a metal detector just for something to do on down time DOWN TIME? lol dam i drive to work looking all over for new spots eyes always scanning for a old barn or old House i have it bad.. today i hit the spot i have been going to for a few weeks now same spot i got the Axe and the tag but i got close to one of 3 lakes i dug up a 1911 v nickel a 1898 Indian penny and 2 1942 Mercury dimes and a 1899 barber dime and a very big silver bracelet and lots of junk.. got to the car and had to call my dad i think he was just as excited as i was if not more and one other thing my wife no longer thinks the 200$ for my ace 250 was a waste money... what a day

Attachments

• 100_2753-1.jpg
    100_2753-1.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 588
Upvote 0
OP
OP
vangogh4560

vangogh4560

Mar 17, 2010
central sc
Detector(s) used
ace 250
plehbah said:
Which discrimination setting do you use to avoid the wheaty pennies?

Nice finds!

at this time I'm running on all metal being new to MDing in the few weeks since i started i have found only one wheaty and it was so bad could not get a date

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
plebah always has to pick on the new guy. he wouldnt discriminate dirty pennies. willy

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds that 250 is only as good as the person using it and of course a lil bit of luck Nice silver :icon_thumright: Dd60

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Great finds!

Make sure you go back and hunt the same area from a different direction.

My machine skips some goodies depending on direction, or maybe because I am not always as slow as I should be.

Keep up the good work.

-Fathead

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
vangogh4560 said:
i got my ace 250 only a few weeks ago and i have been hooked since day one.. till today i have got only a very cool Axe and a dog license from 1927 and pull tabs and beer cans and some clad.my dad has been doing it for years but he hunts for gold he lives on Melbourne beach FL he told me get a metal detector just for something to do on down time DOWN TIME? lol dam i drive to work looking all over for new spots eyes always scanning for a old barn or old House i have it bad.. today i hit the spot i have been going to for a few weeks now same spot i got the Axe and the tag but i got close to one of 3 lakes i dug up a 1911 v nickel a 1898 Indian penny and 2 1942 Mercury dimes and a 1899 barber dime and a very big silver bracelet and lots of junk.. got to the car and had to call my dad i think he was just as excited as i was if not more and one other thing my wife no longer thinks the 200$ for my ace 250 was a waste money... what a day
Seems you have a little virgin spot there. Good for you. Clean it out and then plant some grass seed.
Always remember to share the cool stuff with us here though! :thumbsup:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Awesome!!! My ACE more than paid for itself each year I hunted with it. Congrats!

Digger62918

Sep 28, 2009
Carterville, IL.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-70 Pro , Fisher CZ-20 , Minelab Explorer SE
I've never seen a V Nickel dug up that cleans up to look as good as yours. Both the v nickel and Indian penny looks like they are in non dug condition. What are you using to clean them with?

OP
OP
vangogh4560

vangogh4560

Mar 17, 2010
central sc
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Digger62918 said:
I've never seen a V Nickel dug up that cleans up to look as good as yours. Both the v nickel and Indian penny looks like they are in non dug condition. What are you using to clean them with?

the cent i did peroxide in the microwave and the v nickel other than washing with water and a rag nothing

OP
OP
vangogh4560

vangogh4560

Mar 17, 2010
central sc
Detector(s) used
ace 250
but i think i should have not done a thing to the cent i think it looked better right out of the ground

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got an ace 250, haven't found anything to good yet. Just some pennies and dimes, and nails and junk. I'm just learning how to use it though.

OP
OP
vangogh4560

vangogh4560

Mar 17, 2010
central sc
Detector(s) used
ace 250
timbobwey said:
I just got an ace 250, haven't found anything to good yet. Just some pennies and dimes, and nails and junk. I'm just learning how to use it though.

yah sounds like my first few weeks id just keep digging everything..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread