What a day... :)

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
So, i usually hunt a box of dimes on random days most of the time, and ask for halves but usually get a few clad loose, but today i focused on ONLY halves. no dimes whatsoever. I went to a huntington in the neighboring town first, ask for halves and to my surprise they have 4 rolls, great ill take them all... open in the car, 2 1964s out of the second roll! then the final roll was loaded with 40%ers! got about 8 there! then i move on to a few other banks, loose here and there and found a proof 1985 in alright cond. Then i go to my lucky PNC bank that i scored before at. i walk in, go to one teller and ask for halves, she says i think we have some in the back... "yep, $130 worth". YES i will take them all. some guy walks out and i scoot over to the same teller that delivered my last big score. she says "man, you got lucky. that guy asked for halves JUST after you!" so she brings out the halves and MAN are these rolls pretty, no sharpie marks and all kinds of weird varieties of wrappers, i was bound to hit something! I take them and in the car find one 64' and about 10 40%ers. awesome day, i went to the coin shop and sold them all for $123... fair price i say. Im at $440 trying to work up to $500 so i can order my first box!

HH
- Brendan

Upvote 0

K

Jul 17, 2011
MI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what silver was at at the time you posted but melt value is 145.54 when silver is at 38.84. Maybe he went down ~20 because he has to sell them? :icon_scratch: or maybe it was just the price of silver at the time that makes it lower. But anyways Brendan, great haul for the time you had them :laughing9: I would of kept them because you never know what the box will bring, skunk or dream score? ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread