What a draining day!

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
>:(
Boy, what a day! I started out by getting up at 5 am and meeting Mastereagle for a hunt before work. There is an old park that serves as the area for the SEMO district fair every year and usually it is hammered by detectors. Mastereagle called me and said they had excavated the soil about 2 foot deep along some residential property close to the fairground. We got there about 5:45 and started swinging. Eagle found a nice FBLA medal and other than that we only found some trash and a few modern coins. I think someone beat us to the punch, with the popularity of the area.

Undetered, I decided to hunt an old school tonight and hit it for about an hour and a half. I pulled out a few pennies, a nickel and 1 quarter. I worked this place hard...and it worked me hard too. Right before leaving I found a small pendant that says "I love S". I have no idea what that means. Not much to show, but here it is:

By the way....could that little piece of metal be a tenny tiny piece of a Spanish Reale??? ;D

Attachments

• 100_3263.jpg
    100_3263.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 640
  • 100_3264.jpg
    100_3264.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 636
  • 100_3266.jpg
    100_3266.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 654
  • 100_3268.jpg
    100_3268.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 630
  • 100_3270.jpg
    100_3270.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 650
  • 100_3272.jpg
    100_3272.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 631
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
treasureguy said:
hey good job for a slow area, keep us posted of your finds i know you will be having some great finds shortly

Yeah, I don't find nice stuff too often, just enough to keep me interested. I guess that is the same with most of us. I just need to line up some new places. Thanks for the reply.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I do believe that that little pendant comes off of a pair of Sketchers shoes. We bought my daughter a pair last fall and they came with 10 different charms that you put on the shoe string. She still has a few here.

As for your other finds at least you got to go out lastnight. Keep swinging and we will find something awesome soon. You also found a really cool glass jar the last time we went out together.

Spain did own this area and I have heard of one or two people finding old spanish coins around here.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Cool assortment of finds! What is that round ball?

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
piggman1 said:
Cool assortment of finds! What is that round ball?

COUNTRY GIRL said:
Nice day if you got to get out! What's the metal ball? Keep swinging!

Actually, It was an eyeballed find. It is a clear rubber "glitter" ball that has one of those light and sound devices inside it so when the ball is dropped it whistles and a light flashes. That part had quit working and it looks weird because the rubber casing was all scratched and roughed up and then it was dirty on top of that.

Attachments

• indexCARBFOB8.jpg
    indexCARBFOB8.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 262

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Bummer you got beat to the goodies there.
Hope your next hunt is more rewarding.
Yep, as Mastereagle said, the pendant thingie
is a Sketchers shoe fob.
I have found about 50 or 100 of them this year I think.
I seem to get about 5 of these shoe fobs per hunt out of the chips
at the schoolyards. They must be popular with the little girls.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
mastereagle22 said:
I do believe that that little pendant comes off of a pair of Sketchers shoes. We bought my daughter a pair last fall and they came with 10 different charms that you put on the shoe string. She still has a few here.

Yeah, I have seen those on your shoes when we metal detect. I just forgot. :-X ;D

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Boobydoo said:
Bummer you got beat to the goodies there.
Hope your next hunt is more rewarding.
Yep, as Mastereagle said, the pendant thingie
is a Sketchers shoe fob.
I have found about 50 or 100 of them this year I think.
I seem to get about 5 of these shoe fobs per hunt out of the chips
at the schoolyards. They must be popular with the little girls.

Smiles!
BDoo

I found that one in a pea gravel lot at an old school. It was nearly impossible for me to find. I was only able to by getting down to grasshopper level and ground balancing my pinpointer until a breeze would have set it off and then hovering it over the grit and rocks. It probably took me 5 minutes to find it.

How are you pinpointing stuff this small BDoo? (You can play the "I got skills card" if you want right now.) LOL ;D

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Baldingboy said:
mastereagle22 said:

Yeah, I have seen those on your shoes when we metal detect. I just forgot. :-X ;D

You weren't supposed to say anything and I wasn't going to say anything about the wig and pantyhose!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
mastereagle22 said:
Baldingboy said:
mastereagle22 said:

You weren't supposed to say anything and I wasn't going to say anything about the wig and pantyhose!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Great, now everyone will know about the robbery. OOoopps! ;D

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Nice going, and yes, that does look like a piece from a cobb. HH and keep it swinging.

Desertfox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread