What a teaser.

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Found another heartbreaker, about a sixth of what would have been a greenstone bannerstone I think? Second piece was so symmetrical I had to pick it up and later realized it was pecked on all three sides and polished on the top and bottom, pendant preform maybe? I'm not sure, what do you think? Last piece is some type of greenstone tool, could have been a celt I suppose. I dont know if the large chip off was intentional or later damage. Any opinions / comments are welcomed and appreciated, thanks for looking.

Upvote 0

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like an unfinished celt, thirty7. Rough knapping done, pecking underway (maybe finished for a quick-&-adequate one) but edge grinding never started.

Then again, what I don't know about later stuff could fill a coal train :dontknow:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May be teasers but they sure are pleasers. I love the greenstone material they made some beautiful stuff from it. Highly prized around here. Not sure what the first two are?

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
I have a bannerstone chip too.
IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2479.jpg

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
thanks for the comments, GL, the material looks very similar, is that greenstone? I really like the greenstone material, I found a raw piece today and knapped and pecked on it a little, it's surprisingly easy to work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions