Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
100's of pounds of perfectly good premium dog food sliced open and dumped in the dumpster - I reckon they do this to foil divers who would snatch up intact bags, as everyone knows most dry dog food is perfectly good well past expiration date, as is most human food.

Most animals shelters gladly accept donations but won't accept anything expired, so I guess its nearly impossible for them to donate the stuff ,, Still pretty disheartening to see waste like this.

Attachments

• IMG_5681.jpg
    IMG_5681.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 113

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could have also been a recall maybe metal found in it from manufacturing issue. I wouldn't feed it to my dog just in case it had something wrong with it.

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is no Purina One [or Purina anything] showing up on any dog food recall list. Its expired, they and other stores do this continuously.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow...I could sure use it. I feed nearly 100 lbs. a month to the raccoons..

twrfish

Greenie
Mar 28, 2017
south east pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
expired dog food, what has this world come to? animal shelters who are not accepting expired dog food are a joke and are not the people that they wont others to think that they are. to much waste in this world. tv ads with those sad eyed dogs starving oh no we can not except that expired food! but sent us all the crusty green backs that you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I could see if the bags were punctured and/or they were expired for half a year, this stuff just expired in SEPT and would have been just fine for months to come for needy animals.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions