What a week for me!

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't hunt to much since my buying and selling junk has been picking up lol. But got out tonight for a couple hours on a sidewalk hunt. Went back to where I found the 1884 indian head penny, and nothing new. So I was just going to go home my hands were numb and my digger broke. Went over to the school and was hitting the edge along the public sidewalk when I got a really low buzz. Kept walking since a guy was coming down the sidewalk and went up a bit and dug a quarter. Came back and dug that low, and about 7" down I found a ring! It came out really clean and first thought silver. I see all your guys silver finds and see how clean they are. Put it in my pocket and kept hunting, found a coin spill from the early 70's but missed silver by one year. Anyways came home and was cleaning up and got to the ring, and on the inside it says .925!!!! I can't believe it my very first silver ring. My second ring but first was a steel one. Now it's on, I finally know what silver sounds like on my machine. Well everyone it goes to show you just can't give up, the rewards are sometimes great.

Upvote 3

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to see a picture of that ring! I love finding rings, especially silver ones. Never found gold yet! :BangHead: Congrats!:icon_thumright:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first silver ring! There's no turning back now! Lol

OP
OP
N

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a pic of that ring. I finally found the right mobile app to download. I wonder what the inlay was. Msbeepbeep yeah it'll get worse now. I wasn't hunting much because all I was finding was clad shallow, so I didn't even think it would pick up the silver. Now it'll be all the time till it freezes!

image-2730255583.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread