What a weekend!

amxfred

May 14, 2011
Dekalb, IL
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Sunray X-1 Probe & Auvio wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went freestyling this weekend and hit paydirt. At one stop I was digging a penny signal by a swingset and I caught the glimmer of gold under a leaf about a foot away. I picked up the leaf and there laid a 25 inch long 10K gold necklace!:occasion18: I couldn't believe it. Then we went to a different location and I got a screaming 12-45 at 8 inches so I started to dig. At 6 inches I hit hard gravel and almost gave up but the probe was still screaming. I scratched out a few rocks and then I saw it. A 1919 sterling silver class ring! :headbang: The letters "MGS" are on the top with the year. No more info anywhere on the ring except the word "Sterling". Then today I went to a local honeyhole and I wasn't there ten minutes and I got a jumpy 12-43, 12-45 at 7 inches so I decided to dig. I dug about a 7 inch plug and when I flipped it over I saw the glimmer of silver. A 1937-D Merc! :hello2: Silver #75 for 2012! Also got 1 Wheatie and 45 clad coins for $2.06. Happy hunting to all! :occasion14:

dbennett7

Aug 7, 2011
way to go fred i knew you would start to make a move soon congrats on all the bling and # 75 dennis

OP
OP
amxfred

amxfred

May 14, 2011
Dekalb, IL
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Sunray X-1 Probe & Auvio wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
way to go fred i knew you would start to make a move soon congrats on all the bling and # 75 dennis

"Make a move soon?" What does that mean?

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread