What about buying used Detector from a Dealer?

F

fahrenheit

I am begin to see that new MD's are expensive when it comes to mid-level models and not beginner models.

how about buying used models from Dealers? is it worth it?

How do you folks feel? Have you had any good experience or bad experience buying used MD from Dealers?

I rather buy a used MD from a legitimate dealer than from somebody I don't really know or trust such as ebay.

I never had good experiences when it comes to buying 'used' for my hard earned money. That is why I rather pay more for a brand new one in box.? ;D

what do you think?

fahrenheit

Upvote 0

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
I'd say you would be better off buying a used detector from a dealer. In most cases you will have the chance to take it outside and test it out to make sure it works properly. A lot of dealers have a small area they let people try out equipment.
He may even have a line of detectors (used) that you can choose from. Try to get as much info about all the detectors they might carry. Then, get some info about the area you're in. This might determine what detector you would want to go with. A local dealer should know all about your area and give great advise. Who knows, he may even offer a trial period that if you don't like the detector within a week you can bring it back? Maybe?
xXx

Gretchen

Aug 2, 2004
Buying an used metal detector from a dealer you are paying top dollar.It's like buying an used car from a car dealer. Better to buy from a private party at a yard sale or swap meet. My best buy was a Radio Shack 1000 with a 7 inch coil and a meter that I have found clad coins, silver coins, you name it with it. Even goes in the water up to the control panel. All this for $10.00 at the local swap meet. Also another buy a Radio Shack 3000 for $40.00. Both of these are Bounty Hunters (Tracker IV and Sharper Shooter II). Joan Allen Electronics (one of the biggest dealers in metal detectors in England) has down extensive field tests on both of these models. Coin shooting, relic huntings and at the ocean beaches. Good field tests on others brands of metal detectors also. Better than a lot of magazine tests. Gretchen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread