What am I going to do with all these 87 P&D halves?

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What am I going to do with all these 87 P&D halves?

Went through 7 boxes tonight, had high hopes for them since this bank had paid out well early in the week. Only silvers were two 90%, 62 and 64. Not complaining.

The last box had eight, yes eight 1987 P and D halves, all in almost un circulated condition. I kept them, because all the voices in my head and on this board said to. :laughing7:

Anyway, I am hitting a coin show tomorrow and would like to trade these along with $20 face in impaired proofs for silver. Any idea what is reasonable to ask in trade value for 1987s?

Upvote 0

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI

BCD11

Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: What am I going to do with all these 87 P&D halves?

Still trying to get up to speed on terms. What is NIFC?

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: What am I going to do with all these 87 P&D halves?

MIhunter said:
I want to believe that NIFCs, 2009 dimes and nickels will be worth something over face before I meet my maker. . . .

I believe that all Ni-Cladded Copper coins will be worth more than face value before I'm gone. They are over 90% copper. When copper and nickel trade at $15-$20/lb and $40-$50/lb (in US dollars) respectively, clad coins will be worth more than face value (in US dollars). I believe that there is a real possibility that that will happen before I pull the pin.

I don't count on these coins carrying a numismatic premium though. I keep most NIFC halves that I find and give them as tips.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread