What are my dowsing rods telling me?

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just made my first pair of dowsing rods today. It's because we just bought our first placer claim 5 months ago. I will be looking for raw gold and other minerals and I was told copper works good for gold, so I made them out of #14 copper wire. I did it in my friends garage.
As soon as I pick them up and turned to the right, the rod in my right hand jumped to the left (not slow, but fairly fast). I turned forward, just fine, turn right and it wails over again. The rod in my left hand was happy, it never budged. What was that crazy piece of wire telling me??
What rod material do you use for gold?
Thanks for taking the time.
Wishbone

OP
OP
W

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to try dowsing Art. As a matter of fact, we're getting a string of warm weather this week, so I'm hoping to take my rods up to the claim on the weekend. I've been reading about dowsing and visiting different forums, but I'm still learning. Is this right.
Say you were to cross a line, a gold line like a road you were crossing. The rods would cross when you first get to the vein, and remain crossed until you cross the vein? But if you were to walk up the road/vein, with the line between your legs, the rods would separate, is that right?
And if I'm in the middle of nowhere (let's say a wheat field), is it possible that just one rod would be so stubborn to move and the and the other not do anything? Art, in the garage I thought It was just me making it go left, so I tilted my hand steep and it still wouldn't cooperate! I actually had to tilt my hand enough that my rod gave up and starting doing donuts...lol...and I knew that WAS me. It's up to me to trust my rods, or ignore them, but I can't do either if I don't what they are telling me.
I'm sure the rest of the forum would love to learn, I know I am.
Take care always.
Wishbone

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
678.gif When the rods cross you turn 90 degrees ...Then you follow the signal using a S pattern..

widomanmx

Banned
Dec 6, 2013
Chihuahua (mx)
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Deepers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
wishbone, when your body its over the object or touch his energy field their react differently than when indicated direction.

OP
OP
W

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent link to that post Art. Widowmanmx is that what my rods were doing (if I wasn't in a garage), pointing the way? Because when I turned forward again (facing the yard) they normed out and went parallel. Because if it was telling me to go to the yard, that's where I was heading until they started freak'in me out...lol. What do dowsers do when their rods get cheeky. :)
Wishbone

OP
OP
W

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's so funny Art, that make my day (rods spinning circles)! Get this, I won't have time to learn dowsing the proper way before the weekend, when I go up to the claim. The area is highly mineralised, and I don't know how to mine or dowse...I'm the one that's going to be spinning in circles...lol. I'm going to print that link you sent me and take it as a cheat sheet. My partner in the claim believes in dowsing (his boss dowses) and he loved the way a person can tell depth, he didn't know that. If I find gold or break my neck in the snow. I'll let you know.
Take care
Wishbone

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread