What are some of the last all-analog circuitry metal detectors on the market?

Punchy71

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if it is the last one, but, one of the best analogs is the Whites 6000 DiPro.

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know either, but my very first detector was a Radio Shack special! LOL!

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Whites detectors in the big blue metal boxes are a sure sign of being analog tuned.

coinmaster.jpg

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Fisher CZ3D and Gemini 2-box detectors are still being built, also a couple of utility units.
Tesoro Bandido II uMax was one of their best (and last) all-analog detectors.
The White's XL-Pro was the last of the all-analog "6000" series and is widely regarded as one of the best all-analog detectors ever.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Words of Wisdom?

If you can find one a Garrett Master Hunter VLF/TR or a Master Hunter A.D.S. Have used one for years and yes even though they were made in the 1970's and 1980's. These old dogs will keep up and sometimes outperform the new digital machines. Yes they are old, heavy, eat batteries but they tell you in the VLF mode if you have a deep coin by the sound of the signal. Yes you will dig some junk mostly rusty nails. You will learn and become a better metal detector operator.

I have both a digital and analog detectors. Both have there place. I if going after old deep coins in a hunted down old school or park I bring the analog. If it's trashy like a fair grounds or some of the ball parks and soccer fields I hunt I grab my digital with it notch discrimination filters. Both will find deep coins it's that the analog machine I get to do most of the discrimination in my mind which is still a very fast computer even at my age. You still have to have the coil over the target to find it whatever IT is. I do trust my mind and years of experience in recovering deep OLD COINS. Over a machine that needs to be hooked up to a computer to even start detecting. Yes I am a old geezer I have hunted and observed from some of the best that were/are. No brag just fact. Just telling you if you learn to operate analog you will get the deeper coins that others have left behind.

All the best my friends,

Senior Deacon

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
The fisher CZ3D is tuned to find deeper old coins. I guess thats why they're still being produced.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if it is the last one, but, one of the best analogs is the Whites 6000 DiPro.

As long as it was the old blue box version. When they changed it to the black box it went to digital (and the box shrunk by half).

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fisher CZ3D is tuned to find deeper old coins. I guess thats why they're still being produced.

Those aren't what the OP is asking about. he is asking about TRUE, ORIGINAL MEANING of the word "analog" The CZ3D uses computerized, digital signal processing. Using knobs and a pointer display is not really analog. Somewhere people *******ized the term and began using to mean "knobs" instead of buttons and digital displays.

The only true analog detector I ever owned was my Garrett MH. It sucked on depth, but its audio was nothing shy of amazing. I heard so many old timers talk about "the sound of silver" so I sat with my old MH passing clad and silver dimes back and forth for hours. Finally, I was able to tell the difference in the sound with about 90% accuracy. After I upgraded, I could never find a detector that could do that. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade my CTX for a truck load of MHs but I do still miss that ability to tell just by sound.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as it was the old blue box version. When they changed it to the black box it went to digital (and the box shrunk by half).

Nope, the Pro-XL and the XL-Pro were all-analog. The shrink was from going to SMT.

The CZ3D uses computerized, digital signal processing.

Nope, CZ3D is all-analog. No micro.

Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
carl-nc------"Nope, CZ3D is all-analog. No micro.””
Does that mean that the circuit board contains no integrated circuits? Its all done using discreet components like the early detectors?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Minelab Musketeer Advantage holds it's own on relics with most competitors.

Sure loves aluminum and foil, though.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
carl-nc------"Nope, CZ3D is all-analog. No micro.””
Does that mean that the circuit board contains no integrated circuits? Its all done using discreet components like the early detectors?

Sure, it has lots of ICs.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question: Does a digital circuit have to be powered on for an EMP to destroy it?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an old White's will sell for $1000. LOL

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Question: Does a digital circuit have to be powered on for an EMP to destroy it?

Depends on how well it is shielded. If you are really concerned keep the detector in a metal box.

OP
OP
P

Punchy71

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that what White's did with their entire detector lineup? When they went from a large blue box to a smaller black box on all their models, they changed from all-analog to all-digital internal circuitry?

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that what White's did with their entire detector lineup? When they went from a large blue box to a smaller black box on all their models, they changed from all-analog to all-digital internal circuitry?

As I said in my earlier post, the move from big-blue to small-black was due to the switch from thru-hole to surface mount. Some of the small-black models were still all-analog, including the XL-Pro.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the, still being made, Gold Bug 2 was analog.
Marvin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread