What are the best creeks and rivers besides contrary creek.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Be very careful in the Great Falls area!

My cousin lives in Great Falls, and she warned me against wading the river there, said the current is so swift there've been a number of drowning in only 18" of water.

OP
OP
M

mazzy74

Jun 27, 2012
Thanks for the warning. And thanks for the goldvein info. Ill check them out

Bkatz

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2012
I was going to check out Great Falls and some other locations in Virginia as well. Looking for a buddy to go with. I have about 500 pages of maps locations. I am new to this, but I have equipment, a truck and the weekends... If your ever looking for a tag along, let me know. I am a military transplant.

Brett

978-587-1096

OP
OP
M

mazzy74

Jun 27, 2012
Awesome. I'm comin back to va for a little bit of dredging soon. If u guys know of any private land to dredge on, let me know

kguittar

Tenderfoot
Sep 23, 2013
Richmond, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Minelab 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey brett where are you located? Im in Chesterfield, VA. New too, but lookin for people to hunt with and great places to poke around. Let me know if you are up to it.

kk4ces

Greenie
Nov 14, 2012
Powhatan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Be very careful in the Great Falls area! My cousin lives in Great Falls, and she warned me against wading the river there, said the current is so swift there've been a number of drowning in only 18" of water.

Be careful is right. Your supposed to have a permit in virginia to recover anything in the waters. It's good for a year.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Stafford County, Va. had a lot of GOLD mines. in the OLDEN days; I would most certainly check out the creeks of Stafford County, Va.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread