What are the most overlooked inland places to Treasure Hunt?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
demolition sites

Within legal limits. Mine is old baseball fields in the space between the outfield and infield. Especially behind second.:coffee2:

old town urban demolition sites. I am sometimes amazed when I get on to a building tearout in the old-town districts, or a sidewalk tearout for urban renewal. And I'll be the only one out there, even though I know there's other md'rs in whatever town it is! But perhaps they think stepping over a yellow ribbon makes it not within legal limits? I dunno.

OP
OP
Rookster

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I agree. Another place is in the older parts of towns with square curbs. I've got one in mine in a small town 25 miles from here. I travel in my job and the F75 with the sniper coil is loaded everyday I'm in the field. I'm also thinking that in most towns, between the sidewalk and curb in legal to hunt. Most of the time around the sites you spoke of just asking the construction co. crew chief works out 95% of the time.

Red Snapper

Jul 9, 2013
MA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Fisher pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Defiantly old baseball fields. I've had a lot of luck along the first and third base line.

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, no doubt baseball field will produce some silver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your own yard and your neighbors, got a lot of wheats, a buffalo and a 1894 quarter next door.

OP
OP
Rookster

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yep, my first silver was 8 steps outside my kitchen window. A 1912 barber S mint. Found it 4" down with my old MXT that's my buddies now.

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, no doubt about your own yard. Found a 925 friendship ring outside my front door. I also think someone's penny jar exploded in my yard.

Cory

OP
OP
Rookster

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yea, my yard is a where an older house sat years ago but I found that 1912 barber and a couple of Wheaties. The kinda funny thing about it is that people tell me they called the previous owner "Poor Earnest". I've would have figured so much. I'm sure there is more here.

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any residential yard. Dug a Gold ring this week looking for a lost platinum band. Old grass/dirt Strips street parking for houses. Old apartments. Grass around volleyball sand courts +in sand. Pickup game Soccer fields. and concert fields.

carcusrex

Jan 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always tell friends that if the house was built around 1964 or older then you have the best chance to find silver. Along the sidewalks and near the driveway. Here in Salt Lake City there are people who have a hard hat/steel toe boots/construction vest in the trunk and drive around town looking for constructions. Then they put on the gear and ask for permission. That way they are covered for safty reasons.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread