What are the odds?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went last evening despite the scattered threatening weather. About thirty minutes into the hunt I hit a sterling earring with a 14k stem at the waterline, clasp was still on it. Started raining on me and then a few streaks of lightening in the distance so I went back to truck and waited on the storm to pass. About an hour later I walked down the beach, deciding to hunt the waterline from the opposite direction back to the truck. Found the other earring about fifty yards from where I had found the first one. Clasp was still on the second earring as well. Both of them were about 5 - 6" deep. I mean, what are the odds........:laughing7:

earrings.jpg

Upvote 0
shoulda went and bought a lottery ticket!

Lightning struck twice!

What no matching neckless, better go back and check. :laughing7:

What's the deal with all the ear rings being found with the backs still on????

She took them off to keep from loosing them; placing them on something; forgetting they were there, and having them fall in the sand when leaving. Or she had really big holes in her ears!:laughing7:

yup she took them off. for safekeeping, but she didn't know Big would be the next owner :laughing9:

unbelievable you found that second one actually

I see it happen all the the time. People walk away from their towels to go play in the water as the tide is coming back in. Twenty minutes later they see their towel and chairs and coolers, etc., being washed away by the rising tide. I suspect this is what happened in this case.

rare to find a matched pair and when you do they are usually hooked together. congrats on the nice find

Finding both ear rings is rare...especially with the backs still in place.
Nice job Bigscoop.... Gold Nuggets :hello:

The odds of me finding a pair the way you did are much worse. 10 out of 9 times, when it starts with the thunder and lightning I call it quits.

finding the other needle in the haystack 1/2 the length of a football field is amazing, goes to show you were not missing any good targets
nice finds Scoop

Nice goin' on finding a matching set, bigscoop!:hello2:

Lorraine

Nice find,several years ago I was hunting a beach with a friend and I found a square stud with 4 pearls on It, half hour later got the other with the backs on witch means they were in someones pocket.Happy hunting.:leprechaun-hat:

:icon_thumleft:That is AWESOME!!!!!:icon_thumright:

She took them off to keep from loosing them; placing them on something; forgetting they were there, and having them fall in the sand when leaving. Or she had really big holes in her ears!:laughing7:

Yep that's my deduction. Take em off, stick em in a pocket or on a blanket and poof..they are gone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back