What are these two thingys?

Ace 350

Apr 8, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these two mystery objects in a field today and I was wondering if I could get some ideas on what in the world they are. Thanks.
image.jpg image.jpg

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please put a known object like a coin or something with your finds so we may know the size. Top piece looks like an axle cap depending on the size.

Upvote 0

TomPA

Feb 13, 2011
Western PA.
Detector(s) used
F75
AT Pro Gold
Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If the size is confirmed as being small (coin size for round item and an inch or so for the other) they are probably leather related items. The long brass (if it's brass) item is sometimes found along with another brass piece that slid into/underneath your 'bracket' item. like a strap/belt tip.
Also, the similar items that I've found here in PA came from sites that dated from the late 1700's to early 1800's. Some are ornate like the one you found, and others are just plain brass.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The round object appears to have "tabs" that would fold down to affix it to something like leather or a fabric item maybe? Is that writing or some type of graphic on the backside of the other item? Hope you can get an ID. Nice finds.

Upvote 0

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yep,bet the long item is a leather strap guide I found one that was oval last year and it was thick like that on both ends.

image.jpg

Upvote 0

leviathanrick

Mar 31, 2013
Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These look to me to be a drawer handle and a metal glide for the foot of a piece of furniture maybe the same piece of furniture.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread