What are your best finds in circulation?

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I got another one, back in 98 I was working at Ace hardware and this kid came in and bought some electrical parts totaling $10.42
I was standing near the register and noticed the cashier examining his coins but she eventually took them in. So I asked to see them after the kid left and she said they are funny quarters. They were all uncirculated silver Washingtons, $10.50 worth. So I bought all of them and put them away and actually forgot about them till 3 years ago I was super happy to rediscover the cup I put them in :)

Last edited:

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Part of my work is trash clean ups attics what ever i have found lots of gold and silver. One time $650 in gold rings and stuff. Now i keep all i find!!!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Today i got a 1969 D Washington Quarter as change for a redbull at 7/11. At cointrackers.com it says it worth $3 at worse and $12 at best....and I just started coin collecting about a week ago and still havent gotten my first box for coin roll hunting....Heres hoping that its a good omen of things to come =)

Cointrackers is a horrible website for coin values. Unless it is in MS-65+ it has a value of 25 cents. Hope your next quarter in change is 5 years older.

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What defines in circulation? Because technically any coin we find from coin hunting is in circulation. So if that's the case its my 1888s Morgan Dollar worth $200 bucks that I picked up from a citibank for face value

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I recently received a war nickel in my change at McDonald's, a silver quarter in my change at Chick Fil a about 5 years ago, and a mercury dime while working a cash register at a grocery store about 10 years ago. I also got a 1928 $2 US Note from a 7-11 back on the Fourth of July :laughing7:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Last summer I received two silver quarters in change from two different gas stations in two weeks, within twooo.....wenty miles of each other.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A lot of people on here may not believe this, but when I was 18, my friends and I went to a local restaurant and I paid with cash. I put the change in my pocket and when I got home, I put the change on my dresser and noticed that one of the quarters looked a little different......It was a 1853 Seated. I have it on my profile page as my avatar, just click on my username and you'll see it.

Cool thread idea.

sax player

Apr 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of people on here may not believe this, but when I was 18, my friends and I went to a local restaurant and I paid with cash. I put the change in my pocket and when I got home, I put the change on my dresser and noticed that one of the quarters looked a little different......It was a 1853 Seated. I have it on my profile page as my avatar, just click on my username and you'll see it.

Cool thread idea.

Wow. It sounds like someone was partying hard that night!

I have found 2 silver dimes ON THE GROUND 3 days apart at my high school school. Someone might of found their parent's coin colection and wanted a candy bar...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread