What banks/CUs in California have dumping bags - if any?

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious of any CRHer has ever found a bank or credit union in California that has a dumping bag. You know, machine counters for people to dump their coins. Places where maybe a CHRer could come in and buy the bag.

So far I've never encountered any banks in California that would do anything other than take rolled coins (or maybe a CoinLok) but usually when I go into some branch while I'm on a road trip, I am looking for CWRs, not looking to dump my coins.

If anybody has run across any bank or credit union that happens to have coin-dumping machines, maybe I could keep an eye out when I do road trips to see if I could try and buy their bags.

Upvote 0

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not sure why anyone would give up info from their AO. I know I wouldn't. You got to do the research yourself, make the calls, etc. Part of the game.

OP
OP
kennedyfan

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, not really thinking of anybody giving up their honey hole -- but if there is a particular chain bank or CU, with branches out of your area, maybe you aren't going to lay claim to every single branch across the state :-)

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm from CA and I have never seen a single coin counting machine in a back out here. Only time I've dumped coins at a coincounter inside of a bank was in the midwest when I was visiting family and did a little CRHing (which was very uneventful) while I was there. I've been able to buy bags of coins from a few of the larger bank chains, but they are usually random amounts, between 100-1000 dollars. I've only ever bought 2 of them and neither had silver or old nickels. I think thats how a lot of people out here dump coins since we don't have many coin counting machines, so I stay away from bags, the only way I would buy one again was if I was out in the midwest, or if they showed me the bag and I could see silver in it.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are bags to be bought in CA, you just have to do some research and leg work. My last bag netted 4 silver halves, the one prior netted 43 silvers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread