Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
It depends on your area homie. You just gotta feel out witch ones are more friendly and willin' to order. Hope that helps keep on rollin' dawg:silvermedalgreen:

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if your looking for banks to order you more then 5 boxes a week good luck...you need to have more then 1 bank imo

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
In my opinion, I think anything over 3, MAX 4 boxes is overdoing it, and will eventually get you cut down the line. Unless you know people, keep it low key.

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You will most likely have more luck with a larger bank branch than one that is smaller.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Large banks that would normally be filling retail business change orders are a good place to check. They are use to dealling with change in larger volumes. If you are looking for halves, that essentially no business use, and what a lot of them (multiple boxes weekly every week) you can where out your welcome anywhere. Dimes, nickels, pennies and quarter at larger banks in retail business area's don't even ask me if I am a customer a lot of the time.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Stick with larger branches. Banks shouldn't mind as long as you arent ordering large quanities.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The large bank branches will be more likely to be able to accomodate requests for boxes. The only problem I have found is around here, they normally will only order boxes for account holders. They may do it one time for a non-account holder but that is more a exception to the rule. Also some banks will do it but will want to charge you a fee. You have to found out in advance if they will require a fee. I will not order boxes from a bank that wants to charge me a fee. With more boxes comes the problem of where you can dump the unwanted coins.

HH & Good Luck

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
it seriously depends on the teller and the branch policy. i went to my norm pickup bank and all the tellers love me and save me coins. i went to a different branch but same bank 30 minutes away, ask for a box of dimes, and the tellers immediately dismissed me "i am sorry but you have to have a business account". i stopped ordering halves because it was too expensive at $500 a box and i hate waiting for orders - i can get more silver in them dimes!
HH
-D1MES

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread