What Banks (not credit unions) give boxes of Halves?

STLHOMEBOY

Jan 4, 2011
What Banks (not credit unions) give boxes of Halves? I am talking about major bank branches like Bank of America, Fifth-Third (kinda major), etc. I want to try and find some silver.

I live in St.Louis and new to site, have always been into pennies because their easy to get from boxes and cheap. Also I know I could ask banks with coin counters but I cannot find any even close to me that have one in my area. You could also list some bank branches that might have coin counters that could help..

Could Bank of America (closest bank to me that I have an account with) give Brink Boxes of halves if I can somehow order through them?

Thanks

Upvote 0

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
If you have an account with BOA, simply ask them to oder you a box of half dollar coins. They will do it for you. Remember! Do not dump them back where you get them. That's a no no!
rileyboy

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
STLHOMEBOY said:
What Banks (not credit unions) give boxes of Halves? I am talking about major bank branches like Bank of America, Fifth-Third (kinda major), etc. I want to try and find some silver.

I live in St.Louis and new to site, have always been into pennies because their easy to get from boxes and cheap. Also I know I could ask banks with coin counters but I cannot find any even close to me that have one in my area. You could also list some bank branches that might have coin counters that could help..

Could Bank of America (closest bank to me that I have an account with) give Brink Boxes of halves if I can somehow order through them?

Thanks

"All" the major banks will order you boxes if you ask them to.

EpicDeuce

Dec 2, 2010
Of course! Haven't had a major bank refuse to order coins, even medium regional banks will order. Now if you go in asking who their armored car service is and times and dates they drop off at you'll get something else you didn't order. A red flag ;)

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
corey237 said:
Just curious about the thread title. Do Credit Unions not order halves?
The manager at my CU said she would try and order them for me, but since I dump there, I have never asked her to. I don't see why they couldn't, except that they probably don't order coin as much (or as often) as big branch banks such as B of A.

Legend

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son ordered through BofA once and he got a clear, $500, plastic bag instead of a box. Probably depends on your area as to what you get.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread