What better way to introduce myself, than with my first find...

KONO

Jul 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What better way to introduce myself, than with my first find... A GUN!!

Hello, I've been watching the forum a while and figured I'd do my part and join in.

I have been metal detecting before, but I am now taking the hobby to a more serious level. (and getting my own detector)

My first find with the detector...

2013-06-27_11-50-33_447.jpg 2013-06-27_11-50-44_204.jpg 2013-06-27_11-50-55_640.jpg

An 1850's Muzzleloading Percussion Shotgun
found at a Privately owned Plantation (which was conglomerated over the years and includes numerous plantations from different era's and owners) (virgin metal detecting ground) in Louisiana.

The gun was found approximately 1 foot under ground, 50 feet away from an old plantation home that is gone (but the brick structure is still in the ground)

Not bad for a first find...

Official Plantation Dig Thread: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/relic-hunting/366228-official-louisiana-plantation-dig.html

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard Kono looks like you are in a good spot with lots of relics. You may want to post your finds in the "Todays finds" section. Look forward to what else you have found.
Happy Hunting

Maburger

May 30, 2013
Southern IN
Detector(s) used
AT Pro ACE 250 and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh my Goodness! I can't wait to see what else you're gonna have to share. And welcome to TNet. I love the old plantation homes, They were so beautiful. Does the one you're hunting at have a long, tree lined lane draped in Spanish Mosss?

OP
OP
K

KONO

Jul 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, maburger it is hidden next to a 250 year old oak deep in the woods, far from the other "dig sites", there is no oak alley per say, but there are several that are old enough to have seen the French, the Spanish, and the Union (yankee) ships sailing up the Mississippi.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
welcome and can't wait to see more. looks like you have a good spot to hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread