what brand metal detector you will choose?

If there rae several brand metal detector you can choose? Which you will descide to have?

• Brand name produced in other countries but America(lower price)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nomal brand produced in other countries but America(low price)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first detector was a Chinese made detector. I had problems with it and went back to a USA made detector. JIM

OP
OP
D

dmq1219

Greenie
Jul 8, 2005
Thanks for your reply so much.
Yes, the quality is one of the key factor,and the after sell service also very important.
With better quality and services it iwll be better , right?

cartoonasaurus

Tenderfoot
Jun 27, 2005
I know Chinese products will improve, because that's exactly what the Japanese did - they listened to criticism and took action on improving their products - now they have a reputation for quality just like the US.

Thanks for sharing!

Dave

OP
OP
D

dmq1219

Greenie
Jul 8, 2005
Thanks
You mean japanese companies like Honda, Sony and Toyota? Yes, they adopt the latest business mind that put customer on the priority.
China has relative advantage of labour cost. We wish to provide good products with lower price to the customer worldwide.

morris

Jun 8, 2005
Arlington Texas
if metal detectors was not made in the U.S.A I would not be doing this.... I do my best to buy U.S.A. made.... God Bless the U.S.A.... ;D

D

deacon

The poll is misleading as it rates by cost, it should should be by quality.
Not: US-- expensive, china-- less expensive
but: brand name --quality , China-- cheap

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say to this is,

I don't care where it's made, as long as the Brand is MINELAB ;D

I'm HOOKED

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:

? I don't care where it's made, as long as the Brand is MINELAB? ;D

? ? I'm HOOKED

LOL!

I'll go one futher and say,

"I don't care where it's made either- as long as it's in the U.S.A.!! ;D

Except the mine-lab's ;D

Rockfshr

May 22, 2005
Hampton Roads VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When china has the same enviromental laws and labor laws that we do in this country then maybe I would consider.

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
lonewolfe said:
jeff of pa said:

? I don't care where it's made, as long as the Brand is MINELAB? ;D

? ? I'm HOOKED

LOL!

I'll go one futher and say,

"I don't care where it's made either- as long as it's in the U.S.A.!! ;D

Except the mine-lab's ;D
What Lonewolf says!! ;D :D

OP
OP
D

dmq1219

Greenie
Jul 8, 2005
warsawdaddy
You're gonna have to get a lot better Quality Assurance experience!

Yes, the Quality Assurance is a big part of the price. So, even with less quality assurance or after sales services will be horrible.

morris
if metal detectors was not made in the U.S.A I would not be doing this.... I do my best to buy U.S.A. made.... God Bless the U.S.A....

I appreciate your patriotism
If the US brand OEMed by other country
What you gonna do?
You know, there are tons of goods are produced in other developing countries like Mexico and China ect. Some are US brand.

deacon
The poll is misleading as it rates by cost, it should should be by quality.
Not: US-- expensive, china-- less expensive
but: brand name --quality , China?cheap

I have to recognized that maybe this poll need some adjust.
And your conclusion is exactly right.
But provide lower cost detector to yall with quality is what we need

jeff of pa

I don't care where it's made, as long as the Brand is MINELAB

I'm HOOKED

Rockfshr
When china has the same environmental laws and labor laws that we do in this country then maybe I would consider.

There are something concerned human right. I can understand this very much. I have lots friends lived in the middle of US like Tennessee, Taxes, and Alabama ? They asked me questions about this countries problems. Some yes, some not. Actually they are not the as you hear in US?s media or in your mind. I also welcome you to ask me through mail privately.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, Welcome to TreasureNet JASON

? ? ?I'm looking forward to hearing how your detectors compare, and Wish you Luck.

? ?it would be Nice to See a detector with Minelabs Abilities,

? ?At a Much Lower Price.

? ? ? ? ? ? ?Jeff

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
If you keep your dollars here in America there is a chance that you will earn it back . Spend your money in China there is a chance that it will be LAUNCHED back . If other countries that use slave labor and have no intentions of keeping this planet a good place to live on perpetuate an age old problem . They produce products that sell for a lot less . The other companies go under . The low price guys are the only ones left . What can they do to the price then ????Just to name one company TESORO . They have good products serving all aspects of the hobby . They are made here . They have a LIFETIME guarantee on their products . Their prices are very much in line with the average earnings of those MD devotees in this country . I have one as a back-up and probably will soon have another . The weight is a big factor since my wife uses it also . I swing a 2200 as my first unit . It wasn't made here but there is nothing like it made here . Now as time passes that might change and so will I . If China wants to show off their abilities let them first address the AIDS epidemic in their rural areas . I'm not anti China . Just pro USA !!!!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
just some food for thought.......are american products still made in america when all of the internal parts are made elsewhere ??? hhmmmmmm :D :D lol

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i work in manufacturing as well free and our company does the same thing. it must be a common practice.stuff is made in china.......we test it and fix the many quality issues............repack it in boxes that proudly state "made in america"...... for the stuff that actually IS made in america,99% of the parts are made in china. it really is a shame that we are sending our manufacturing jobs to other countries but that is exactly what we are doing. there are reasons for that but..........that could use up an entire thread..........sorry i didnt mean to hijack this thread. good luck with your chinese manufactured metal detectors dmq1219.

OP
OP
D

dmq1219

Greenie
Jul 8, 2005
By the way, Welcome to TreasureNet JASON

I'm looking forward to hearing how your detectors compare, and Wish you Luck.

it would be Nice to See a detector with Minelabs Abilities,

At a Much Lower Price.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff and this forum?s friends.
Thank you all to support this poll and share your thinking about MD.
I have to say it?s very hard to compete with US MD products. Not just because of the technical but most important----there are so many real MD fans over this land.
I really appreciate that.
The reason I start this poll not just for business research but to connect with the real users. They know the product most. Their enthusiastic for MD is incomparable.

Ya welcome to the tnet. You'll find mentioning a country such as China, could bring up some negitives. Lots of U S workers are losing their jobs to places such as China and Mexico. I have been one myself. But having gone to school for accounting, it is only sound business decisions that make a profit. Just like this detector question, the one who uses a cheap unit with sound basics will out preform a high cost unit run by a fool.
Company i use to work for, had stuff come in from mexico and reboxed it into boxes that said american made. This company is a very well known.
It was good to bring it up. I believe we are benifiting from their products already and do not even realize it most of the time.
Free2Detct
You change ur logo, didn?t u?
Remember
Business performance run by profits
Keep learning is the best way to keep with life not just for live but also ur right thinking to this world.

If you keep your dollars here in America there is a chance that you will earn it back . Spend your money in China there is a chance that it will be LAUNCHED back . If other countries that use slave labor and have no intentions of keeping this planet a good place to live on perpetuate an age old problem . They produce products that sell for a lot less . The other companies go under . The low price guys are the only ones left . What can they do to the price then ?Just to name one company TESORO . They have good products serving all aspects of the hobby . They are made here . They have a LIFETIME guarantee on their products . Their prices are very much in line with the average earnings of those MD devotees in this country . I have one as a back-up and probably will soon have another . The weight is a big factor since my wife uses it also . I swing a 2200 as my first unit . It wasn't made here but there is nothing like it made here . Now as time passes that might change and so will I . If China wants to show off their abilities let them first address the AIDS epidemic in their rural areas . I'm not anti China . Just pro USA !!!!
paratrooper
The best entrepreneur in my mind is produce the best products with good welfare for stuffs. That encourage them work harder happier and better.
Ummmm... I bet you read Time magazine a lot. Yes there are tons of problems here but hope they will be resolved as soon as possible for common people?s sake.
And also Please, always look to the light, hope but not the darkness, the desperate.

hollowpointred
just some food for thought.......are american products still made in america when all of the internal parts are made elsewhere hhmmmmmm lol
i work in manufacturing as well free and our company does the same thing. it must be a common practice. stuff is made in china.......we test it and fix the many quality issues............repack it in boxes that proudly state "made in america"...... for the stuff that actually IS made in america,99% of the parts are made in china. it really is a shame that we are sending our manufacturing jobs to other countries but that is exactly what we are doing. there are reasons for that but..........that could use up an entire thread..........sorry i didnt mean to hijack this thread. good luck with your chinese manufactured metal detectors dmq1219
Yes, that?s those people?s doing. It is complicated and I Hopie it will not effect us too much.
Thanks for ur blessing.

Blue_Dude

May 15, 2005
Wisconsin
Jason my first detector was a MPX made in China for Kellyco. The detector was defective but Kellyco was great in giving me credit for a new machine. I bought a Garrett and love it. Now I have to agree for those who look for an American made machine. I didn't know it was made in China when I bought it , but it did have a lifetime guarantee.

OP
OP
D

dmq1219

Greenie
Jul 8, 2005
Those company combined other countries produce work and local services
It is a good way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread