What brand of metal detector do you use?

What brand of metal detector do you use?

• Total voters

Andee

Sep 12, 2005
Clarence, NY

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Garrett user here. An older CX II with deep seeker and an Ace 250. Planning to get an IDX Pro SOON!
grizzly bare

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett, Garrett and Garrett!? GTI 2500, ACE 250, and Sea Hunter Mk II.? Very happy with all? three!? ?JIM

J

jerryshunt

just got a minelab quattro . isee no one uses one did i get gyped lol

T

tallpaul

i use a tesoro laser trident 1 and a whites classic sl ll with bm 950 coil

nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started out with a Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX that my wife and kids bought me for fathers day of this year, about three months later I purchased a White's Prizm III and I love it!!

HH

T

tallpaul

i just became the proud owner of a brand new just out minelab x terra 50,, and ive tested this machine out what a beauty, i'll be useing this alot, great depth great discrim great sensitivity, great pinpointing, just a great machine, very light well balanced,, i recomend this

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
I have 4 detectors

tesoro golden sabre...that is my main detector....it has three coils.

fisher 1212-x... back up detector...i use it on kid's playgrounds.

tesoro sand shark...i use it on the beach and in the water..wadding...

minelab sovereign gt... i use this one when i do not mind digging a trench to find the target.

i allways fill the holes... :)

frogsmile

Dec 18, 2005
ohio
Detector(s) used
whites spectrem and fisher impulse and minelab excal.
I used a bounty hunter big bud for about 3 years and when i wanted more depth i went to a whites xlt. For the water i have a fisher impulse it is a great machine and it is a silent non motion machine so it is so easy to use and to pin point with. ;D

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
I hear ya -- !! Used an ace-250 myself for about 4 months ? had to get myself an explorer2 not long after I started ? Addictive hobby isn?t it?

1liquigirl

Jun 13, 2005
Bellefonte, PA
Gabbit, You'll have to let us all know how the Explorer2 is, I bought the Garrett since I had heard so many great things about it. I'm very pleased with it. So to all of you who have been thinking about getting one, buy it! :D

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
1liquigirl said:
Gabbit, You'll have to let us all know how the Explorer2 is, I bought the Garrett since I had heard so many great things about it. I'm very pleased with it. So to all of you who have been thinking about getting one, buy it! :D

Liquigirl,

I read someplace that you should expect to pay about $100 per inch in depth. The explorer cost about $1,200 and I am getting up to 12? deep on some of the coins I dig. I have been going to an old ball field that has been hunted over and over again and in my past 3 trips I have pulled ?

27 wheat pennies
9 mercs
2 barber dimes
1 Indian head penny
1 Silver ring

I like to believe that the reason that I found all of this in a heavily hunted area is because I have one of the best detectors on the market. I just added the sunray x-1 probe to the EX2 about 2 weeks ago and I love it. I would rather have the V-2 pin-pointer for shallow targets ( 2? or less ) but anything deeper than that the x-1 will save you a lot of time trying to fide those deeper targets. Some of the bad things you will hear about the EX2 is it plays flute music ( to noisy ) and it is way to heavy. I find neither of those to be a problem ? I am still pretty young ? in about 30 years the weight might become cumbersome, but they do make contraptions that help distribute the weight to other places than your arm/shoulder (the swingie thingie). The one thing that I don?t like is I can?t get close to any large pieces of metal such as metal fence w/out the detector going off. I am sure you have read many of the posts on the form and most people seem to be pretty brand loyal ? I could care less about what name is on the detector I just want the best. If Whites were to make a detector that performs hands down better than the EX2 I would want one. In the end though the most important part of a metal detector is the user. You have to understand what any machine is telling you, you won?t find anything if you don?t get out, and when in doubt dig it. I started less than a year ago, but so far I love the hobby ? I enjoy reading the posts on this forum, which I also consider to be the best on the web. Metal detecting has renewed my curiosity and given me something to look forward to on the weekends.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread