what detector or accessory would you buy with rebate ?

bruizr

Feb 4, 2006
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, 'big bud' by bounty hunter, aqua vision
i would get a 2 box detector for those deep caches and meteorites that may be several feet deep. no more pull tabs & nails, just the good stuff.
oh yeah, and a bigger shovel and a hunting buddy who just likes to dig while i detect and mark the spots for them to work. yeah- that's the ticket!

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably a nice assortment of coils, like the Double D's which I understand are good for trashy areas.
Al

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
bruizr said:
i would get a 2 box detector for those deep caches and meteorites that may be several feet deep. no more pull tabs & nails, just the good stuff.
oh yeah, and a bigger shovel and a hunting buddy who just likes to dig while i detect and mark the spots for them to work. yeah- that's the ticket!

lol I wonder how much one of those hunting buddies would cost.....is your rebate big enough? If I were to get a rebate and decide to spend it on a detector or accessory I think I would get a pinpointer.....not sure I could afford that hunting buddy you were talking about but sure would come in handy especially with as deep as those 2 box detectors work! :thumbsup:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if I lived where there was lots of buried treasure ...then I would attempt to learn ( ha ha on that one rite) a two box.. but for now..I would settle for a water machine and a nice probe for my dfx, or maybe try out a T2.. and if I had enough, still a simplier detector like a f2 so I can take the lil boy across the street with me hunting, as hes dying to go out and learn this.. what the heck rite, start em young and by the time hes in high school, he'd be a pro at it..long as his intrest stays on it.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hmm...Donno really
maybe:
1. Infinium LS (for water)
2. GMP (relic hunting)
3. GMT (gold hunting)
4. eXp 5000 (w/ all accessories) just for fun
5. DFX (all round; buying this week)

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
None. I already have everything I think I need to hunt in any situation I encounter. I am in the process of buying a basket and sand scoop but I don't need a rebate check for that small a purchase.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None. I already have everything I think I need to hunt in any situation I encounter.
I haven't been bitten by a new detector lately and might just use the money for gas to get to the beach.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I just bought an Eclipse 5.3 coil and a extra bottom rod. (love it!) I think I would buy a different pin pointer and maybe an extra large coil.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
yes they do, my friend Tina has one on hers...she loves her sunray probe and her ace250 works well with it. She has even started selling the sunray probe in her store now.

OP
OP
bruizr

bruizr

Feb 4, 2006
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Cynangyl said:
bruizr said:
lol I wonder how much one of those hunting buddies would cost.....is your rebate big enough? If I were to get a rebate and decide to spend it on a detector or accessory I think I would get a pinpointer.....not sure I could afford that hunting buddy you were talking about but sure would come in handy especially with as deep as those 2 box detectors work! :thumbsup:

fancy metal detector-$ 1000.00. new gidget-gadget-$100.00. someone to do all the dirty work-priceless!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the sunray probe ( since I havent looked anything up) is that the one everyones using and attaches to your detector?

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
the sunray does attach to your detector Rae...it is pretty cool....basically it is just a very small coil....about 3/4" coil and you have a switch that allows you to switch from your main coil to the small coil or probe for when you want to narrow that field down to pinpoint accuracy....much less digging, much smaller plugs......and when the coin is all dirty in your plug you can find it lots faster.....I want one I want one!! :thumbsup:

trusty

Dec 18, 2007
Osceola County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Right now I think the $$ are going toward my trip to Kodiak Island. Have relatives there & want to try gold panning. Also plan on a lot of silver, salmon that is.

OP
OP
bruizr

bruizr

Feb 4, 2006
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
Detector(s) used
though i would love to get a sunray, i would get a waterproof pinpointer to use with my aquavision underwater detector first. probably the vibra-probe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread