What did I find? (And more)

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing spectacular here. What on earth is this thing? (Lol) ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465349642.154252.jpg.ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465349656.125023.jpg.ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465349675.236633.jpg. Looks like an amateur piece? Also found a toothbrush...ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465349742.942305.jpg. The Prophylactic! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465349774.094763.jpg. Finally found my green larkins. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465349812.296109.jpg. Nice local blob top. And this was what I've always been afraid of...an animal fell into my old pit and was stuck in there. Luckily I found him/her and saved it. It's a snapper, and a decent sized one. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465354035.747114.jpgit let me pick it up with my shovel. When I tried to shoo it towards the water it was snapping at my shovel. What about a little gratitude?! I got a few other bottles. Nothing special today. I was lucky to have anything when I got back home because I fell twice on the way out. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
That Green Larkins jumps right out at me. Nice digs.

Ok so a guy who is on eBay is selling one of those crude stoneware scoops on eBay as a bird feeder for a birdcage. His name is diggerdave. Seems possible to me.

Ok so a guy who is on eBay is selling one of those crude stoneware scoops on eBay as a bird feeder for a birdcage. His name is diggerdave. Seems possible to me.
I see in your pic you have a bird feeder for a birdcage .I have dug plenty of them and the larkin soap too nice blobtop!

I have dug these and have found them to be from canary cages, the infamous canary in the coal mine. Yes from a bird cage but I had seen them attributed to these coal miner canary cages. They are so crudely made that I thought they were Native American drinking cups but not the case.

I have dug these and have found them to be from canary cages, the infamous canary in the coal mine. Yes from a bird cage but I had seen them attributed to these coal miner canary cages. They are so crudely made that I thought they were Native American drinking cups but not the case.

When I dug it I imagined it was for scooping liquified metal (like silver) to be poured into ingots.

Good save on the snapper. Had one swim by me as I walked a local river last year. I was going upstream, and he was going downstream.

Had no idea snappers were so far north!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back