What did I miss!

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I give most of the banks around me time to replenish CWR's of halves. Some I have a few weeks, others could be a month or two. So I stop at one I haven't been to in a few months. Teller said we just sent halves back but I did get some....$13 in loose halves produce 1 40 and 1 roll produces 3 40's. So it made me wonder, what I missed out on with the ones that were sent back.
I also got 1 40 from a teller that had two halves in her tray....wish that was the normal ratio. Not a bad week, 6 40's out of about $500 CWR's. Got about $600 waiting at banks for next week.

Upvote 0

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Next time you're there ask them to save the halves for you rather than send them back. You might even get them to call you first

THBrock

Jul 25, 2016
Grand Prairie, TX
Detector(s) used
lol, bounty hunter QuickDraw II
Garrett, green something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one location I call weekly. It's next to a retirement villa. Others order for me or just hold as they know they'll see me. Some refuse to deal with them at all. Janky ole chase banks!

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a PNC in February and they had $1300 in rolled halves..one person.. supposedly all searched. Found roughly 20 40%. Tellers said customer had dropped $400 weeks before and they shipped it out. That made me wonder what I missed. I gave them my number to call me anytime they have a nice amount of halves..

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I just on Friday stopped at a few banks. One teller said she had $8.00 worth of halves, but if I was looking for silver she already checked and they were not good coins. I said that is OK I will still take them, and as I see her pull the coins out of her drawer I see the beautiful silver edges, 3 40% coins there. I always say I will take them even of the tellers say they are not good coins or the person that turned them in is a collector. You never know how accurate they are, I would like to check anyway. Never give up!!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the motherload of halves in May, and over 500 wheats, but the bank had already sent to the Feds the quarters, dimes and nickels.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just on Friday stopped at a few banks. One teller said she had $8.00 worth of halves, but if I was looking for silver she already checked and they were not good coins. I said that is OK I will still take them, and as I see her pull the coins out of her drawer I see the beautiful silver edges, 3 40% coins there. I always say I will take them even of the tellers say they are not good coins or the person that turned them in is a collector. You never know how accurate they are, I would like to check anyway. Never give up!!

She obviously doesn't know about 40%ers!

Pete_Iredale

Jul 1, 2015
SW Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I had a teller awhile back tell me that they know silver dollars are worth money so they buy them out of their tills. She then sold me the single half dollar she had, which turned out to be a Franklin. Hmmmm...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread