What do you all think?

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Ok. So I am planning my first road trip for when I return and tried to order some halves at a branch I am a member at and first the lady said no problem and then later she called back and said she is limmited to how much coin she could order and would have to back out. What? Outrageous. This after she told me she could not believe another branch turned me down. Somethin smells fishy. Would you guys call her back and pursue this further?

Golden Silver

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never understood this. Do they have written policy, or do they make their own rules as they go?
I dump coin at the CU where my wife works. They have no problem with that, however, they WILL NOT order coin for me. They have a courier that comes in once a week, so, what's the deal...no excuses, they just won't do it.

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
I'd say it depends on how many boxes you are ordering. If I'm a bank and I do business with several clients and businesses, I'd rather not tie up a bunch of capital in halves. I'd rather stock quarters dimes etc. to accompany businesses. I can see a box or two a week but some banks are just too small to tie up capital in halves, especially when people order 5-10k worth at a time. Not saying you are one of those but some here are.... That's how fees on boxes and limitations on boxes get instituted.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i order 8K a week from one branch and 2K a week from another bank, never had any problems. they both just told me to be sure i come pick them up when they arrive and do not bring them back to them....keep trying there has to be a bank that will help you. oh and one more thing both the banks i order from (different banks) both told me that it did not cost them anything to order the boxes for me, that they have a contract with the service to deliver their orders 1 box or 10,000 boxes.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"AT A BANK EVERYTHING HAS A FEE ATTACHED "

Today I went to a bank to ask for halves and while the teller went to look for them to the vault
his supervisor came to me and told me, " We have noticed that you already developed
a regular pattern asking for halves so we consider this a CHANGE ORDER and it has a fee attached"
"Even when asking for loose rolls is there is a regular pattern there is a fee attached. It is on the account services booklet". And it is Truth. All the services are there. Ah, but first came the most horrible question a teller can ask, " Are you looking for the silver ones". To hell with that teller.

We all have to understand that the banks are not here to serve us, banks are here to serve the customers that make the bank profitable. CRHers cost to the bank. It is going to get more difficult.

Also, Asking for large amounts of coins is considered a commercial account and you need to have a commercial account, they will still charge you a fee but you can upset it by keeping high dollar balances if your account is on account analysis.

Darth Walker

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Whenever you open an account, tell them you will be ordering and dropping off large amounts of change and don't want to pay a fee. If they don't balk, make sure they attach a note to your account in the computor so all branches will be aware. If there is any problem, tell them you will open your account with their competitor across the street.
When you decide to close an account because they use the F word, let them know what you want from them (see above), if they try to keep your business.
Also - make sure they put a "free coin counter" note on any bank that you use that has them. This came in handy recently when a bank I use changed their policy.

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Well it finally happened to me. I called the Suntrust Bank back and the lady confirmed that she could not order my half boxes because it is odd money that they don´t normally deal with. I was polite but forward with the lady. I asked her is it a Suntrust policy or a branch policy and she changed the subject. She asked me for the number and managers name of the bank I normally order from. I gave her the info and asked her what differance does it make who the manager is. She said I would just like to call and see how they do this for you. I said it is amaizing to me that you cannot perform a one time order done well in advance for a Suntrust member. She half heartedly appologized and said perhaps you should go through you hometown bank. I said nope, I think I will be canceling my account with you all and going to BOA instead with them I have never had a problem.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread