What do you do with all the ....

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What do you do with all the toys you dig up? me I put each years on display then box em up for storage..this is this years finds so far. Funny how they turn up in strange places too. 0922161340.jpg Like in the middle of football and baseball fields.

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish my grandson would play with matchbox cars. From your digs, looks like some kids still do. Good to see.

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
When I find toys while beach hunting, often times I'll offer them to other kids I see at the beach.
You might offer to give them to a hospital or charity that deals with kids or a daycare facility.
SOME kid would like to play with them.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that my nephews are too old for cars, I usually leave them behind. I am sure some kid will come along and think they have found a treasure.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I dumped a load of them in the playground area of a local Elementary school for the kids to play with at recess.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I dump them in the trash can on my way out of the parking lot.

But I knew this guy, who was a prolfic dry sand beach hunter at a certain family touristy beach near us. He'd save up all the tonka trucks, matchbox cars, toys, etc.... that he found each year, into a big box. Then 1x p/year take them all to the flea market and put them out for sale . At first I laughed at him for his "waste of time". But when he told me he netted over $1k in a single day doing this, I stopped laughing.

It's been a long time since I was a kid buying toys, but apparently these toy cars/trucks, when new, at the store, can run $5 or more. So moms at flea markets are MORE THAN WILLING to pay $2 to $3 each for them. :dontknow:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friends grandson or granddaughter get them all or if a kid is around and his or her parent/parents say it's ok I'll give them to the kid.

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I can't find a kid on site who wants them? I leave them out for the kids who do..... simple.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Kids tossed their hot wheels and matchbox cars in trade for I-devices.

That's a lot of toys dug!

Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I brush the dirt off and set them somewhere for a kid to find.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I usually try to get them to the tot lots and set them on the side of the sand box.

USERNAME IS VALID

Feb 27, 2016
Norcal
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II
XP DEUS
TESORO VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I throw them to the other side of the park so kids fight over them, then they leave me alone.:laughing7:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
That's a lot of cars for one year. I use to leave them by a slide. At some point I started to bring them home. The kid in me likes them.

Last edited:

EastCoastmetal

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Save everything! I have started a bin for each type of "junk" I find, Toy bin, copper bin, brass bin, pull tabish stuff bin, ferris iron bin, probably will add a few more, shrug.

Coins, relics, silver and gold obviously have their own special place. Not sure what i will do with the toy bin once its full, flea market or maybe eBay, depending condition etc. its possible some of those older toys could be worth much more then you think,if it has made in China on it, then well its not going to be worth much.

Last edited:

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
I like the idea of giving them to hospitals and such, places where kids will appreciate them. On the other hand, you may want to check some of these car's values.
Find a good one and we're talking 5 figures or more. And to think I used mine for target practice...

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; I take mine to the New England Home For Little Wanderers & the Shriners Burns Unit for kids. Te smiles are more than enough payment. i'm sure God is happy too. I suggest the same for All of Us here. God bless You in dvance. PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread