What do you do?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You detect in shoes?. That may scare targets,perhaps slippers would help. Are you detecting over dirt or something that would cause you to dig?eeew.
Shouldn,t use your detector for digging deep ,you,ll scratch your coil,though they sell covers they don,t cover the hole thing.
People shout names all the time,wear headphones and if they get close tell them your looking for rat feces and can you check there house as it seems to be where they are coming from.

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should I tie my shoe laces before I go out tecting? When I get a target how far should I dig down? What tector is the best for deep targets. If someone shouts out names at me while I am tecting what should I do.

LoL, before I can advise you, we must first argue detector choice!

Seriously though, I like all of the questions from people even if they've been asked before. Opinions evolve and new info often comes from it...Remember that the question is important to the person or they wouldn't ask (usually) and usually new members aren't adept at a particular forum's search function. Even then, I'd rather see a new topic then a re-dredged one with comment tacked on.

peace,
cc

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the slip on type shoes, less effort so you'll have more energy to swing the coil. When you get a target, pay someone else to dig it up for you, saves energy so you'll have more speed and endurance when running from those who are calling you names. :icon_thumright:

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Wear a backpack when you go tecting. When somebody yells at you tell them you are a ghostbuster and you are going to release the dead on them.

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If approached by the authorities...tell 'em you got into a spat with your spouse and you tossed your ring. You think it landed somewhere close. Then it's just a matter of "Please, move sir, you might be standing on it!" and they are on their way...

peace,
cc

edited to add:

In case their feet stick to the ground and they won't budge...Fondle your digging implement, start to drool and wave the detector over their service boots and it should beep good. Then they always move...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread