Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro makes good detectors.
My buddy has a bunch and seems to use the silver u-max more than higher priced tejon.
He just got the tejon and maybe needs to log on more time with it yet.
Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, I would say that the compadre and u-max are the best value out there.
On another note, if you want more traffic on this thread, change the title to "Tesoro At Pro."
That will reel 'em in!
Cheers,
Dave.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On another note, if you want more traffic on this thread, change the title to "Tesoro At Pro."
That will reel 'em in!

LOL...yep that'll do it! Won't be a shortage of opinions and lies thats for sure!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Well I have never used one and was wondering about them. I checked out the Tesoro Deleon, the Vaquero ,and the Golden u-max. How would these detectors compare to other well known machines?

I've only fiddled with their 2-filter machines (like the silver sabre, etc...). And of all those in their lineup (of which they have multiple incarnations of), they are not known for being depth demons. Instead, they are known for great target averaging and separation. Thus for example, they'd be good ghost towns machines (old-town urban demolition sites, burned down house sites, etc...) where nails abound. They would spank deep-seeker machines like explorer, cz6, etc... in such sites. However, those same machines would get spanked in deep-turf situations, where depth and TID is more of a necessity.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro are really good for the money they cost, and lifetime warranty. They would be my top recommendation for a starter detector

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent products with a lifetime warranty. Most models are a bit old school, with no screens, but great audio to tell you what's down under. $0.02

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro are really good for the money they cost, and lifetime warranty. They would be my top recommendation for a starter detector

I agree! The first machine i used was a Tesoro Cibola that was loaned to me by a friend. I had a blast with it and on my 2nd time out found my first gold ring =) One great thing about them is that they are fairly light weight compared to models with big LCD screens. I have a friend that has many metal detectors and his favorite go to detector is a Tesoro Vaquero still. Much easier learning curve in my opinion when i tried the Cibola compared to my MXT Pro.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Built to last for life; No bells and whistles that you don't need but "look cool" that add weight and cost; deep; sensitive; fastest recovery and some of the best discrimination on the market today; best manufacturing, support and repair team in the United States; Lifetime warranty; and most importantly, they FIND treasure! :icon_thumright:

Proud Tesoro cult member, and owner of the Compadre; Cibola; Vaquero; Tejon; Lobo Super Traq; and Sand Shark.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have an old Conquistador from Tesoro with frequency shift. That dog will hunt. I will use in on a new site just to see if anything is there and completely mask the iron. It will dig the heck out of relics and do not let anyone tell you they are not deep. If it a lead bullet or something is can easily snag it at 12'' as well as a crushed coke can even deeper in wet soil. I always thought it was on steroids and never had a service problem. I am learning the Fisher F-75 now and feel it will take me past the old beep machine but will never sell it.
I have dug gold rings,buttons, silver, copper and lead and iron. Tesoro rocks in my opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread