What do you guys think?

I've got the bug

Jun 2, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett infinium ls, Whites treasure pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just picked up a box of half dollars on my lunch hour and it looked pre-opened. No big deal I thought, it's says to verify count before giving to the customer, but when I opened the box all of the halfs look customer wrapped. I'm thinking that the bank pulled a fast one and didn't order a box for me, but rather gathered all of the customer wrapped rolls they had and put them in a box.

I ordered from wells and wanted to know if anyone else has had this happen?

Upvote 0

mrogers07

Sep 6, 2015
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Take it back and tell them you want a sealed box of halves. Verify it when you pick it up.

Of course, check out the rolls first...you never know. :)

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, it happens all the time, it is the processor be it Brinks Dunbar Loomis xcetra, if they get in a box that a bank turned in that was a dump from somebody else sometimes they will just send the box back out. I get at least one or two a month, part of the game. Do not bring it back in cause any trouble with the bank, just suck it up and hope that your next box is a good one.HH Maverick.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
These are some I got just a week or two ago.

Attachments

• 20170111_194739.jpg
    20170111_194739.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 102
  • 20170111_194708.jpg
    20170111_194708.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 20170111_194650.jpg
    20170111_194650.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 103

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, I just say "Great, pre-searched- somebody saved me all that work." Now if only they would go dump it for me lol.

OP
OP
I've got the bug

I've got the bug

Jun 2, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have another box I'm picking up tomorrow. Maybe the person who searched them did a poor job...a man can hope! lol

Thanks for the replies!

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do not assume the previous searcher is as smart as you :laughing7:. got a few of those "pre-owned" boxes a few years ago and________YUP------they missed a few 40's.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Happens all the time - could be from the shipper or from the bank after someone dumped on them. They may have skipped your order or just dropped them on top of the stack when someone dropped them off. Stay with it long enough and you will be surprised what you get! Sometimes you get shorted a roll or two, or a bunch of shorted rolls. Chock it up as the cost of roll searching.

Maine_Jim

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I have gotten a few of those including a few of my own boxes back (picked up at one bank and dumped at another branch in the next town).
When you order a box the bank is not obligated to sell you one that is not already gone through. You ordered a box. You got a box. It happens some times.
Part of the game.
Hope next one is a dream box for you.
HH

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
When that's happened to me, I give the bank a pass the first time. The second time, I tell them what happened, and open the box there. On the rare event that it's presearched the second time, I have politely told the bank that I really wasn't interested; that I could take the box from them as a favor, but that I didn't want them if someone else had searched them first. In one case, this resulted in my not getting any boxes from one bank for a few weeks until they called saying they had sealed boxes for me. In another case the teller asked me if I would still take the box, and said she wouldn't take any more from this particular person (he was cashing in halves and didn't have an account). In any event, keep things friendly and professional with the bank, and it will eventually pay dividends.

OP
OP
I've got the bug

I've got the bug

Jun 2, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update: I got two proofs (clad) so it wasn't a total loss. Picked up my other box yesterday and pulled a lone 40%, but 1 silver is better than none! I placed an order for two more boxes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread