What do you put your coins/finds in?

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use 4 Mil Vacuum Sealer Pouches and Vacuum seal them, laying the coins flat so their not stacked or touching each other, works for me.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best coins are naturally lightly cleaned w water. Then they are glass encased in my showcase. Gold however, ( rings ), I place in an ordinary Nike shoe box. This said, my prized "Nike Box", is in a 6inch thick steel safe! ;). Peace

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine better finds are stored away in a variety of places. Having lost most of my valuables to a burglary once, I have no intention of making it easy or quick for another to clear me out.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All over the place. Plastic boxes, lying loose on the couch, on the sink, in the huge safe, depends on the value thereof and the length of time I've had the stuff. There is a "play time" involved with new finds.

jarhead0341

Oct 12, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20131118_192150.jpg
Misc,clad and copper. Not telling where the silver goes

Beeps in my sleep

Sep 6, 2013
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, Fisher F2, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put mine in fishing tackle boxes like my set up here. My Coins go in empty med containers with sharpy marker marked on the lid of the year and what it is with cotton inside to keep it safe. Here is one of my tackle boxes. 6 bucks at Walmart with dividers you can move. Here is the one I just filled .

CAM_0659.JPG

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In The Field ? In the field we use 35mm plastic film cans with two pieces of round cut foam to protect your buttons and coins while in the field. This method does a good job protecting your valuable finds until you get them home.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry two old pill bottles one for clad and one for the good stuff. Then I put them in the cardboard coin holders. U can grt them at like craft stores.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two pocket carpenters apron when hunting. I wrap the good finds in paper. At home clad is in cans till its cleaned, rolled and spent. Anything of value is not easily accessible, so if an idiot is tearing my house apart looking for it when I get home, God help them. Had Break-in before, they weren't interested in the approximate $100 in dirty clad, or maybe they couldn't figure out what it was! Lol!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wallmart sells a neat little box in the craft section meant to store beads in. It's a rectangular box with numerous round plastic boxes in it. Works great for good buttons or even coins.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not a collector of anything ...I do not get attached to items......... I sell .. or scrap ... or give it to goodwill or stores like that........ Just to have items around to look at ......Does not do me any good or give me a thrill.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread