Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

kdoe

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2004
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question--What do you think of archaeologists?

OP
OP
coinshooter

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure you want to know the answer to that question. I think most achies despise TH'ers and vice versa.
I can understand alot of what they are doing, but they don't give us TH'ers the credit we deserve for doing alot of their work for them. If it's done right, and under the right context it can be good for everybody.
I just get P.O.ed when archies think that they are the only one's who can do it right. I call it "bad attitude" myself.

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
Never met any Archie's. Have met many Mdings most really great people! But I have seen some real slobs that give us all a bad name! I'm sure there are good and bad in any group of folks. Cladius.

OP
OP
coinshooter

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Cadius,
I agree. I have seen my share of people who give TH'ing a bad rap too. 8)

kdoe

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2004
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We know people who metal detect find a lot of history when they dig. Question, How much more you think if the goverment gave us just 10% of what they give to the archaeologist?

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Archaeology in this country should be committed mainly to the study of native American cultures( 90%). The resources of archaeologists are limited and with advancing growth native American sites are rapidly disappearing. I think it is irresponsible that "urban" archaeology(the study of earlier European or pioneer settlers ) has become popular? here. Shouldn't these people be studying cultures long extinct and with no written record?
I agree that some historical sites(e.g. Custer Battlefield) are true archaeological sites but applying blanket coverage to all sites older than 100 years just illustrates the mind set of the academic world.

George?

OP
OP
coinshooter

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here, here! 8) I think the only reason these folks go to school in the first place is so they can be "legal" grave robbers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread