What do you think this 1919d SLQ would Grade at ???

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found today,& I tried to be carefull not to scratch it.............
1919dSLQObverse4_25_09.jpg

1919dReverse4_25_09.jpg

Thanks for any help....I am not to good at grading coins,and I am Curious what this one might grade......

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
Quoted from the RB

VG-8 Very Good -Distinct Dat. TOes faintly visible. Drapery lines visible above Liberty's left leg
F-12 Fine- High Curve of the right leg flat from thigh to ankle. Only slight wear evident on the left leg. Drapery over right thigh seen only at the sides of leg.
VF-20 Very Fine-Garment line across right leg worn, but visible at sides

Hope this helps, V

Coinkid

Jul 11, 2006
Sarasota, FL
This is a better date SLQ, but, given it's condition (harshly cleaned) I would net grade it at G-6, and it might be worth $40-50 to the right collector. Nice find!

-Paul

OP
OP
AmericanCoinHunting

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
n_sandler4 said:
This is a better date SLQ, but, given it's condition (harshly cleaned) I would net grade it at G-6, and it might be worth $40-50 to the right collector. Nice find!

-Paul
(harshly cleaned) ?? I used ONLY soap and water on it...The damage was done before it was droped years ago........I was extreemly careful in extraction and in 'Mildly Cleaning it'...I did not rub the coin ,but rinsed in hot water,then squirted dawn on it ,and let it sit 5 min.then rinsed......................................
I was curious about the Grade,because I have seen ones that look worse sell on Ebay for over $150,and even over $200.......
Thank You for Your grade of G6................Any other opinions....Better or worse welcome...............I am just not familiar with grading SLQ's.Thanks for any help

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread