What do you want in the next Tesoro Models?

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I had the ONLY three brand new Tesoros w/wobbly shafts and knobs. Odd but must be true!

I think if you tighten up the collar they are pretty solid. That was the only time I ever saw one that wobbled... I never tightened it when putting it together.

Knobs could work loose, but it's nothing an Allen wrench can't fix. I must have been pretty lucky... put a few of their detectors through some pretty tough use, never lost a knob. To each his own... I think they are pretty well-made.

I'd never want to see them change the type of knobs... just right for thumbing.

A 2-digit VDI might be good on one new model... maybe like a Cortes with more depth and manual GB that carries over to Disc mode. And don't crowd out the knobs with a big display.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
did I just find the new 2014 machines ? http://www.detektory-tesoro.cz/img/2009/elmara/eurosabre1.jpg

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,25454,25468

http://www.planete-detection.com/files/tesoro/Detecteur-Tesoro-Invincible-Big-01.jpg

I am a civil war relic hunter. I like the black color scheme. If i find a camp and hunt it on a weekly basis , I don't want someone being able to see my coil swinging back and forth on my shoulder a half mile away.They may have a friend who is a hunter and say something about my honey hole. I notice these euro machines have iron ID too.

Last edited:

Cycluran

Aug 14, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Forked Stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very frustrating. I asked Tesoro about the availability of these European machines and was told that there was no way to purchase one through them, here in the U.S. I would have to pay the price conversion and order from overseas.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the Golden Umax with Manual Ground balance and Waterproofing to 10 feet would be awesome! And a good competitor to Garretts machines.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A µMax Tiger Shark would be amazing. And what if you could toggle it from VLF to PI? That would be a game changer.

Cycluran

Aug 14, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Forked Stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason I still use my Silver Sabre II after all these years is because I have found soo much treasure and relics with it. I tried a lot of other machines over the years, thinking they would be an improvement and the Tesoro would be a back-up, but that always turned out to be foolishness. If I were able to design the perfect machine for seasoned hunters like myself, who still have the energy and ability to hunt those hard-to-get-at places like thickets and steep ridges/cliffs, I would build on what the Silver Sabre II already provided: keep the frequency at 12khz, keep it light and keep it simple. Also, utilize your newest automatic ground-tracking technology.
4 knobs, (on/volume),(sensitivity),(discrimination),(threshold)
3-way trigger switch (retune,all metal,discriminate)
Your widescan, 8.5" double-D coil
On-board speaker.
I would gladly pay today for this machine tomorrow.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Bring on the CAZADOR.

devilpookie

Jun 8, 2013
Ventura County, CA
Detector(s) used
A stick and chewing gum
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Lightweight, waterproof up to maybe 50 feet, multi tone based with no screen, ability to go from dry to wet sand quickly, excellent iron discrimination, ability to find small gold as well as deep targets, and the the ability to cover alot of ground in a short period of time.

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a newcomer to the hobby, I don't like wearing the headphones YET so VOLUME control for the speaker would be nice, and a easier to read display for us folks with old eyes, maybe try a different color scheme for the print and background, even larger print on the face plate might help. Thank you.

Cycluran

Aug 14, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Forked Stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro Caballero

Caballero is a Spanish Gentlemen or Knight. More literally, a guy on a horse... horseman...yup.

Last edited:

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
Tesoro Jaguar.

I would like a Tesoro where you don't have to do your own mods. I have one Golden which has both or the main mods on it, GB and Pitch Shift. Both indicidually make a difference in depth, a notable difference.

No "retune", just a genuine motion and non-motion all metal mode, not messed with. When I had the Outlaw, it kept going out of tune, losing depth and becoming noisier. Retune brought it back to its peak, and it still wasn't as stable as my Golden, which has no retune in the first place!

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
I would like to see something like the Outlaw and Golden Umax combined. I REALLY like the Golden Umax notching feature, but it needs manual GB or auto ground tracking (or a toggle to choose one or the other). The GB adjusting options need to be for both all metal and disc modes. Give it tone ID with a toggle switch to allow for 1, 2, or 3 tone options. With the 2 tone feature let the disc nob determine the low/high tone ID definitions. Instead of a push button on the panel, give it the large trigger/toggle underneath the control box like the Tejon, let forward be used to activate Iron audio or roll tone audio, to hear discriminated iron and ID those pesky steel bottle caps. Pull back on the trigger to activate auto/fast tune ALL metal for precise pin-pointing. Keep the toggle switch on the panel to choose between the two all metal and disc options like the Outlaw. Give it the Vaquero/Tejon depth. Give it a frequency choice toggle, the choices should include something low for silver and something in the 10-18 range, and if possible let one of the choices be to run both frequencies at once.

Finally, make it water resistant (I don't need 10 feet) but something to let you hunt in the rain, or wade out into shallow water and not worry if you drop it or slip.

Its a tall order I know, but that would be an awesome machine! Call it whatever Spanish name would mean "kick butt" because that is what it would do.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions