what does it take to make a treasure hunting crew?

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree, it was definitely not my fault last sunday when I was detecting the beach and fell over my own feet due to that topless lady. :laughing7:

In case you didn't notice, TrashureSeeker, I wasn't blaming the male species. In fact, I gave you the perfect excuse - Nature. So, see, we don't have to disagree!

And I'm sure the Lady was appropriately regretful of her part in your misstep, especially when greeted with the view of your backside sticking up from your face plant in the sand. So sorry I wasn't there to help, I would have stuck an umbrella in there to help disguise your disgrace. That's just the kind of friend I am, always willing to help. :icon_thumright:

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
In case you didn't notice, TrashureSeeker, I wasn't blaming the male species. In fact, I gave you the perfect excuse - Nature. So, see, we don't have to disagree!

And I'm sure the Lady was appropriately regretful of her part in your misstep, especially when greeted with the view of your backside sticking up from your face plant in the sand. So sorry I wasn't there to help, I would have stuck an umbrella in there to help disguise your disgrace. That's just the kind of friend I am, always willing to help. :icon_thumright:

I noticed, but thanks :) Also good to know that you are such a good friend to your friends, I bet they watch their backs as much as the fronts :laughing7:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, Rebel, I can see I left out the most important aspect in choosing your team. They must have a good heart and good intentions with what they may reap. Though a lounge chair on the beach sounds wonderful for a time, helping others with the proceeds is much more rewarding in the larger scheme of things. Take that trip to the beach, for sure. A boon for your hard work is deservedly yours. But, while you're there, look back in the tropical jungle behind you for the eyes bright with hunger - and give a meal and a hug to those less fortunate while you enjoy the sunshine. A full heart beats a full bank account, hands down.

Invest in humanity, the real treasure after all. :wink:

Now that's a partner I am looking for.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, Franklin, it's good to know there are more of Us out there. :notworthy:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi, Dan and Ginger Lamb, of the enchanted Vagabond fame, were a good example. Look up " Encanted Vagabond" They were my mentors and friends They turned me into exploring instead of living a normal life.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed, Sir, the perfect example of a partnership made in Heaven. :icon_thumright:

I cut my teeth on " Quest For the Lost City ", which is STILL the best autobiographical adventure story ever told. You were blessed to have had the gift of their friendship, I envy you! :notworthy:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was recently posted in Misc adventures of a Tayopa hunter" here in Treasure Net. It gives a good example of ACCOUNING FOR everyone,

WHY NOT ??, you shoulda seen the water from that cattle catchment dam, It was the only water for miles and the cattle just stood there shoveling it in one end and letting it flow out the other end, even boiling it several times it still tasted like burro juice, but it was the only water we had while looking for our lost companion in the Bacatetes ( (Yaqui country)

we never found him, and so gave him up for lost, when he showed up in a borrowed truck full of fresh vegetables and other goodies. He had quite a story to tell, including finding the skeletons of two soldiers with their arm wrapped around each other, part of the garrison of the Fort Tetacmbiate which the \yaqui had over run through sheer numbers.

He had an interesting tale to tell, getting lost, traveling miles in the wrong direction until he came to a lonely small ranch where he picked up a ride to Guaymas, then by commercial bus back to Obregon then by borrowed truck into Yaqui country again to our camp, perhaps some 299 miles. but we were so glad to see him alive that we forgave him - specially with his load of fresh vegetables and soft drinks

So you see why i have an aversion to P's burro juice

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I saw that post when I visited your camp yesterday. But STILL, I refuse to drink downstream of the herd. :-X

You gave him up for lost, then "forgave HIM" when he brought you fresh victuals after surviving on his own? :icon_scratch:

I think I'm beginning to understand the sock coffee.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Dit, cause it was his stupity that caused the problem, .We looked for three days, only taking time out for sleeping and re replenishing our ( ugh ) water supplies in 130 degree weather...:laughing7:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Dit, cause it was his stupity that caused the problem, .We looked for three days, only taking time out for sleeping and re replenishing our ( ugh ) water supplies in 130 degree weather...:laughing7:

Stupidity? ??? He doesn't sound stupid to me. Got lost in brutal country, traveled miles all alone in the wrong direction, found his way back by using only his wits, and even managed to bring back provisions for his so-called companeros. All 299 miles in blazing hot sun without having to resort to drinking mule pee, I might add. Sounds to me like someone I'd like to have on My team.

No offense, of course. I'm sure it was hot out there....and dusty....and your backsides were sore....and it was...hot....

Well, you did say "ACCOUNTED FOR" after all, didn't you. Yessir, I'd say he accounted For Himself pretty well.

Coffee? My pot, if you don't mind. :wink: :coffee2:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi DIT, your pot ???? You're a bit over weight?:laughing7: Nope, Edwardo wasn't ;overloaded with smarts. Since he was out of condition, we left him at an old Yaqui,campsite with most of our water to wait for our return, n0t to move. After about three hrs he decided that the Yaqui' had killed us and took off almost running, he went away from our camp, crossed that dam where we lost his tracks due to the cattle overrunning them. From there he went north and crossed the ridge of the Bacatetes between Samajuaca, and the Cerro de la Abispo, to emerge on the north side, and on, and on, In other words, he did absolutely every thing wrong except staying alive. We almost lost a man looking for him. Three days in that country, at that time of the year, means your death

So yes,we forgave him .

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
This was recently posted in Misc adventures of a Tayopa hunter" here in Treasure Net. It gives a good example of ACCOUNING FOR everyone,

WHY NOT ??, you shoulda seen the water from that cattle catchment dam, It was the only water for miles and the cattle just stood there shoveling it in one end and letting it flow out the other end, even boiling it several times it still tasted like burro juice, but it was the only water we had while looking for our lost companion in the Bacatetes ( (Yaqui country)

we never found him, and so gave him up for lost, when he showed up in a borrowed truck full of fresh vegetables and other goodies. He had quite a story to tell, including finding the skeletons of two soldiers with their arm wrapped around each other, part of the garrison of the Fort Tetacmbiate which the \yaqui had over run through sheer numbers.

He had an interesting tale to tell, getting lost, traveling miles in the wrong direction until he came to a lonely small ranch where he picked up a ride to Guaymas, then by commercial bus back to Obregon then by borrowed truck into Yaqui country again to our camp, perhaps some 299 miles. but we were so glad to see him alive that we forgave him - specially with his load of fresh vegetables and soft drinks

So you see why i have an aversion to P's burro juice
LOL!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Stupidity? ??? He doesn't sound stupid to me. Got lost in brutal country, traveled miles all alone in the wrong direction, found his way back by using only his wits, and even managed to bring back provisions for his so-called companeros. All 299 miles in blazing hot sun without having to resort to drinking mule pee, I might add. Sounds to me like someone I'd like to have on My team.

No offense, of course. I'm sure it was hot out there....and dusty....and your backsides were sore....and it was...hot....

Well, you did say "ACCOUNTED FOR" after all, didn't you. Yessir, I'd say he accounted For Himself pretty well.

Heh...

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly what have you got against sock-coffee (ala Oro)? Having to make _two_ pots - really, what has the world come to? Having been on the receiving side of said sock-coffe, would you mind terribly if I get a cup from _your_ pot ?? *innocent look*

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi DIT, your pot ???? You're a bit over weight?:laughing7: Nope, Edwardo wasn't ;overloaded with smarts. Since he was out of condition, we left him at an old Yaqui,campsite with most of our water to wait for our return, n0t to move. After about three hrs he decided that the Yaqui' had killed us and took off almost running, he went away from our camp, crossed that dam where we lost his tracks due to the cattle overrunning them. From there he went north and crossed the ridge of the Bacatetes between Samajuaca, and the Cerro de la Abispo, to emerge on the north side, and on, and on, In other words, he did absolutely every thing wrong except staying alive. We almost lost a man looking for him. Three days in that country, at that time of the year, means your death

So yes,we forgave him .

I see. My apologies, obviously I wasn't in possession of all the facts ( as are you regarding my weight ). Details are important, you know. Something to remember when writing a book, which I've gathered you are, slooowly. Without them we are left with only half the picture.

:read2:

.... we left him at an old Yaqui,campsite with most of our water to wait for our return, n0t to move.....

I have to ask, have you considered adding a female to your team? A female wouldn't have let you leave camp under-provisioned to begin with, much less without clear instructions on what to do should you not return within a specified time. While your companero may have used poor judgement in his original flight from your deserted camp, I still believe he acquitted himself heroically in face of those omissions ( and "out of condition" at that). It appears your team lacked organization and adequate survival skills, not to mention competent leadership. Skills a female was designed for. ( Btw, mother nature provides the perfect way to purify urine for drinking, a Solar Still. Boiling only kills bacteria, it doesn't remove sediments or other impurities. Distilling also removes the "flavor" ). Survival skills are a must when exploring hostile environments. :wink:

:coffee2:

Last edited:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly what have you got against sock-coffee (ala Oro)? Having to make _two_ pots - really, what has the world come to? Having been on the receiving side of said sock-coffe, would you mind terribly if I get a cup from _your_ pot ?? *innocent look*

Poured, Sir Loke. :coffee2::coffee2:

You have my sympathy. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions