What Else Can I Find in Texas While Detecting?

OP
OP
AusTexDude

AusTexDude

Aug 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any nice car with the keys left in it:laughing7:

I don't relish the idea of spending my days trading smokes for a rock hammer and my nights sleeping in a bunk under some drippy oozy guy named animal.

OP
OP
AusTexDude

AusTexDude

Aug 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which reminds me...

There were two Americans sitting in a FEMA detention camp.

The first guy says to the second; "Hey, I hear we are not going to get fed for the next 3 days?!?"
The second guy replies; "Shut up! I'm sick of hearing about your outrageous conspiracy theories"

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Texas has more mesquite trees than anywhere else in the US. Most ranches will let you gather all you can
haul away. Then you can sell the wood on E-Bay to restaurants in New York City.

OP
OP
AusTexDude

AusTexDude

Aug 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texas has more mesquite trees than anywhere else in the US. Most ranches will let you gather all you can
haul away. Then you can sell the wood on E-Bay to restaurants in New York City.

Yea I had considered mesquite in fact I just cut one down in the yard yesterday. There is a reason why the farmers love when you take them, they are one of the nastiest trees around here to deal with. Those 2 inch thorns that are much sharper than hypodermic needles are a nightmare.

One day I was walking through a field and had brushed up against one. I did not feel anything but when I got back to the truck I had an itch in my leg right above my knee. I scratched it and felt something sticking out of my leg. I started pulling it and that sucker was buried in my leg 1 1/2 inches deep. I could not believe that thorn went in me so far I kept pulling and it kept coming out.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find lots o Petriefied wood while detecting River beds....i actually have a couple very large pieces

OP
OP
AusTexDude

AusTexDude

Aug 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find lots o Petriefied wood while detecting River beds....i actually have a couple very large pieces

Yea I forgot to mention that. I have an 11LB piece for sale on Ebay right now.

micropedes1

Feb 2, 2006
What else Indeed!!

Kinda depends upon your location, the quality of your machine, and your skill level. Gold and silver nuggets (although tiny) are to be found upon occasion (if you know where to look). Magnetite layers in gold-bearing streams will hold some fine gold. That has been good to me in the past, but you need to know how to pan to do it effectively. Coins and jewelry at the local swimming hole or beach. Meteorites out in west Texas can bring more than gold to the right buyer. Coins at the old, long-since deserted schools, but those take lots of research to find. If you are just plain lazy, go beep under the jungle gym at the local playground for pennies. At least, you will get some practice swinging a detector. Dig all targets! Carry out the trash.

Yea I forgot to mention that. I have an 11LB piece for sale on Ebay right now.

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
imagesnnnn.jpg .....Remember the words on this sign.... index.jpg .....Enjoy your stay in Texas....

OP
OP
AusTexDude

AusTexDude

Aug 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And buddy, that is a popular item down here, with or without keys...

You think down here is bad you should see places like Filthadelphia. If you don't have a club on your steering wheel your car is gone, period.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Which reminds me... There were two Americans sitting in a FEMA detention camp. The first guy says to the second; "Hey, I hear we are not going to get fed for the next 3 days?!?" The second guy replies; "Shut up! I'm sick of hearing about your outrageous conspiracy theories"

I don't get it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread