What Finds bag do you use?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have changed pouches and set ups several times over the years. My current set up is standard Minelab pouch in the center of my back with a pinpointer holster on my left hip and a hand made leather hand digger sheath on right hip, all on a heavy duty leather Kline Tools belt. I recently ordered two more pouches to check out. I ordered the Gray Ghost Ultimate finds bag and the XP finds bag. The XP seems a little small for an all day relic hunt, but we'll see. What do you guys like/use?

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
I use the Shrxy Green pouch, took it to the shoe repair shop and had the belt loops reinforced.
Never had a problem with it.
Had it for years.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I have always just used a plain, carpenters waist pouch. Very good trash containment. I have had friends, some vintage people, longe time tector veterans I have met, who don't even pouch...they put treasure in a pants pocket and if it is trash, well they surprisingly don't have any after a hunt. I blew them off and we don't hunt anymore. Anyway, the carpenters pouch has worked for 10 years. It is simple. My pinpointers fit my back pants pocket, always has. That's just they way it's always worked for me.

I do sometimes put a real find in a pants pocket. Otherwise, the carpenter pouch is easy, and unbelievably cheap.

OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always just used a plain, carpenters waist pouch. Very good trash containment. I have had friends, some vintage people, longe time tector veterans I have met, who don't even pouch...they put treasure in a pants pocket and if it is trash, well they surprisingly don't have any after a hunt. I blew them off and we don't hunt anymore. Anyway, the carpenters pouch has worked for 10 years. It is simple. My pinpointers fit my back pants pocket, always has. That's just they way it's always worked for me.

I do sometimes put a real find in a pants pocket. Otherwise, the carpenter pouch is easy, and unbelievably cheap.
I'd like to see them guys do much detecting with no trash at the end of the day. Guess they don't realize that removing trash can unmask deeper treasures...

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D

The Shrxy has a zipper front pocket I keep my finds in and the open pocket I put trash in

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I'd like to see them guys do much detecting with no trash at the end of the day. Guess they don't realize that removing trash can unmask deeper treasures...
Not if they tossed the shallow or all junk to the side. Some veteran tectors are guilty of knowing better, but lazily toss trash aside and then dig more. My own brother said he did that. and he metal detected 20 plus years ahead of me even starting. Just cuz you toss the shallow junk don't mean you won't keep digging for the real treasure.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a carpenters nail pouch with some plastic pill bottles for the good items :0

VaGent

Apr 20, 2021
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Currently Deus XP, also have 2 Minelab Explorer XS as backups.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Military "Y" suspenders with ammo pouches that snap shut, canteen holder in the back for big trash.

Attachments

• SAM_0123.JPG
    SAM_0123.JPG
    771.6 KB · Views: 24

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My nail pouch i forgot to add is leather

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a Pack Mule Pouch that I got off of T-Net from Freeloader. Got it over six years ago, have loaded it up with tons of junk metal, used it in all environments and every seam and zipper is just like new! Bonus ,this pouch is handmade in the good old USA!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a Pack Mule Pouch that I got off of T-Net from Freeloader. Got it over six years ago, have loaded it up with tons of junk metal, used it in all environments and every seam and zipper is just like new! Bonus ,this pouch is handmade in the good old USA!
How come you did not MENTION COINS ?? LOL J/K

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have changed pouches and set ups several times over the years. My current set up is standard Minelab pouch in the center of my back with a pinpointer holster on my left hip and a hand made leather hand digger sheath on right hip, all on a heavy duty leather Kline Tools belt. I recently ordered two more pouches to check out. I ordered the Gray Ghost Ultimate finds bag and the XP finds bag. The XP seems a little small for an all day relic hunt, but we'll see. What do you guys like/use?
https://detectorpro.com/catch-all-pouch/ Big enough for all the big, heavy, annoying, and worthless trash I find 5 minutes into a hunt and have to carry for 2+ hours. 
GGCatchAll_2.jpg
GGCatchAll_2.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread