What "Full Rolls" have been found?????

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Re: What "Full Rolls" have been found?????

Rakattack said:
CHAINCHOMP said:
I don't get it. Do you get joy out of bumping old posts? :icon_scratch: The reason why threads die off is because they aren't of interest to people, so naturally, less responses.

Just curious :laughing7:

Old post can be revived. This subject is as relevent today as it were 4 years ago. I was impressed with this person digging in and reading older post. I was not ridiculing her. I think all should go back and read items that have been posted before especially if it's a subject that they are interested in. Many topics are discussed over and over again. Not really a problem.

Mojo

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009

coinmojo said:
Rakattack said:
CHAINCHOMP said:
I don't get it. Do you get joy out of bumping old posts? :icon_scratch: The reason why threads die off is because they aren't of interest to people, so naturally, less responses.

Just curious :laughing7:

Old post can be revived. This subject is as relevent today as it were 4 years ago. I was impressed with this person digging in and reading older post. I was not ridiculing her. I think all should go back and read items that have been posted before especially if it's a subject that they are interested in. Many topics are discussed over and over again. Not really a problem.

Mojo

would have been better to recreate the thread then bumping though :), imo

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010

I've gotten many "motherlodes" of half dollar rolls. My most significant one was back in May 2008 when I got 23 rolls of all Walking Liberty's and Franklin's. I think the totals were 16 rolls of WLH's and 7 rolls of Ben's. Not a kennedy in the bunch. Then about a year ago I got another 6 rolls of Walkers and Bens. Have also gotten 5 rolls of Kennedy 1964's at one time and numerous times have gotten as much as ten rolls of all 40%ers. This year alone I managed 10 rolls on Feb. 3rd, 4 rolls on April 7th and 8 rolls the very next day on April 8th. My lastest score was just today...2 complete rolls of silver. See the posting dated today "Day #7 BINGO! silver w/pix". Bottom line is if you are in a large metropolitan area and you keep at it, finding complete rolls of silver is not too rare. You just have to be lucky like I was today and all the other times.
rileyboy

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009

Last year I got 2 rolls that turned out to be someones album - all dates, all mints minus 2-3 keys.
It was pretty crazy.

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2

The best I ever got was a full bank tray of rolls of 1982 copper Pennies from a bank that closed 28 years ago. For those of you who don't know, that is the first year Zinc was added to the copper penny midway thru the year.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I found 2 solid rolls of 40% in January, my best 2 rolls ever for sure.

I also found 5 rolls half full of silver, 8-12 coins in each roll, some were 90%, I think that was my best day roll hunting yet, better than the 2 solid rolls.

another time like 2 months ago a bank had 1 roll, it contained 10 silvers

haven't had a sweet score like that in a while

when I was searching nickels when I first started roll hunting I got 16 full rolls of pre 60 nickels. I kept a bunch of them, and then took a bunch back to the bank. I really didn't know what they were worth. The oldest was a 39. so no buffaloes. I still coulda sold them on e-bay and done pretty good.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've found a few solid rolls of 40%ers over the years and mulitiple solid rolls of wheat cents. Had a box awhile back that had quite a few solid rolls. Haven't seen any solid silver rolls of dimes or older nickels yet. But you never know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions