Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I was looking for a pair of gloves that I could use on the beach and in the parks while detecting. I have an old pair from Homer Depot, you know the kind, great in the garden but tough to pick up a dime with.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Rusty

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like Ansell Hyflex foam gloves. They are a light knit with rubberized fingers. They hold up well and can be washed when they get too crusty. And they come in a variety of sizes, so that everyone can get the right fit. You can buy them through Ebay or places like Menards.

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use goatskin gloves from harbour freight.I like them a lot great protection against sharp stuff and I can pick up a dime from a tile floor while wearing them also only 10 bucks a pair

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I use Mechanix brand Utility gloves in a size that fits tight. These offer protection from sharp objects or glass plus allow fingertip control . They are washable and come with either elastic closure or Velcro closure straps. The pair I have even allow me fingertip control of the touch screen controls on my cell phone. Various color choices are available also.

OP
OP
RustyGold

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Trooper! I checked them out and they look good!
I lived in Mounds and Tulsa when I was a kid!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Mechanix brand Utility gloves in a size that fits tight. These offer protection from sharp objects or glass plus allow fingertip control . They are washable and come with either elastic closure or Velcro closure straps. The pair I have even allow me fingertip control of the touch screen controls on my cell phone. Various color choices are available also.
^this^ I use those for everything.....:icon_thumright:

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Where I live is almost due South of Tulsa about 73 miles

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some of the really thin Gorilla gloves that I love and I also have some Kevlar strand gloves that I wear if it's not too hot. There's lots of sharp stuff in the ground and they will help to keep you from a nasty cut. I once dug a broad head that was razor sharp. I've also dug super old hypodermics.

Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I wear a glove on my left hand only, digging tool in my right. Gloved hand does all the dirty work.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I go to Lowes and buy their three pack of Mechanix knock off brand gloves for $9.98 dollars.

Last edited:

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
I have some of the really thin Gorilla gloves that I love and I also have some Kevlar strand gloves that I wear if it's not too hot. There's lots of sharp stuff in the ground and they will help to keep you from a nasty cut. I once dug a broad head that was razor sharp. I've also dug super old hypodermics.

I'm with you, too many sharp things, glass , rusty metal, nails, etc. ,I use the rubberized gloves sometimes and split buckskin others, you can never be too careful about cuts or pokes. Although the leather gloves are thick and restrict dexterity, I feel they are the best for me when I'm out relic hunting.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kevlar strand? Do you have a brand for those?

billpa

Sep 12, 2010
Out Diggin Silver
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO,DFX DX-1, CLASSIC 111, Garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like Ironclad brand I'll get a year of hard diggin out of a pair.

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always wear gloves, even when it's hot. Once I was brushing some dirt away at the bottom of a hole and there was a razor sharp piece of metal that sliced the tip of my glove. I thought it had got my finger too, but I was lucky. I have also pulled out countless pieces of glass, sharp pieces of metal and thumb tacks.

I mostly have used the Mechanix gloves but the thumb on my last pair seemed to wear out pretty quick. They are still usable, but i don't like to wear gloves with holes.

This are the last pair I bought. So far I really like them and they seem pretty tough.

Raider MX Gloves : Cabela's

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image.jpg Mechanix original in coyote tan. My favorite.

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Oregon Viking,
Several of the law enforcement search gloves have Kevlar linings in them for cut and puncture resistance. Some have leather outers and others have outers similar to the mechanix brand and are thinner. You can shop for them on several LE suppliers like Galls or GT Distributors, or Safariland. Also some of the meat slicing gloves for butchers have Kevlar for the same cut resistance feature. They are slightly more expensive than the mechanix or similar but will last forever.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I use these.PIP 19-D650 G-Tek CR Plus Seamless Knit Spun Dyneema/Nylon Gloves with Polyurethane Coated Palm & Fingers | FullSource.com These are the type of gloves that are used in production machine shops, and I have used them on the job for years. Metal shavings and swarf is super-sticky-sharp, and they will not cut these gloves. You can get them a lot cheaper than these ones if you order in bulk. They will last a while even when the coating wears off. Don't even think they will keep your hands warm! :laughing7: Seriously, I love these gloves. They fit so closely, but don't feel tight. I suspect that the Ansell gloves mentioned above are perhaps even better. I didn't notice if they are cut-resistant or not, but Ansell is a good name for safety gear.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry bud I just saw this. Ansell makes some nice ones. I believe Home Depot sells different types of G&F kevlar gloves. Spend the extra few dollars on the better quality. They fit better and the are will actually work

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Is it true that you can catch bullets with kevlar gloves! I imagine you can but only if its tossed to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread