What happened to this penny ? (Pic Included)

Kaynos

Sep 13, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been roll searching for copper and rare penny and i found this odd one. The picture doesnt return the true color however, take a look at the 2 pictures below. The color is silver, just like a dime. What this penny drop in acid or something ? It's the first time i see a penny with a silver dime like color (unless those specially made for a certain year). I checked and the 1964 year has no mention of special pennies. Anyway, what do you think. Like i said the color of the picture is a bit wrong, the true background color is silver, it looks like a dime.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 0

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Silver plated? And then the plating came off? It looks like the silver plating came off on the highest points of the coin. I'm really not sure, but it looks post-mint and therefore its unlikely its really worth all that much more than just a penny. Still a fun thing to keep as a curiosity.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it looks more painted then a chemistry project, but you never know. I know here in the US, you can't properly turn a pre 1982 copper penny "gold" or "silver", it only works well with zinc coins.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not chemistry. Metallic Silver Spraypaint. Some fool on Ebay might buy it for a buck.

One "magical painted" cent...RARE!! Charge a buck for shipping and mail it in an envelope.

Some crackhead hippy thought it was a funny thing to do in the 70's while high.

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well. That's just like.. your opinion, man.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Not chemistry. Metallic Silver Spraypaint. Some fool on Ebay might buy it for a buck.

One "magical painted" cent...RARE!! Charge a buck for shipping and mail it in an envelope.

Some crackhead hippy thought it was a funny thing to do in the 70's while high.

Hippies were not crackheads. They were "stoners", "freaks" "potheads" and peace loving anti-war innocents dude! Or so I've been told. I don't know from personal experience of course.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hippies were not crackheads. They were "stoners", "freaks" "potheads" and peace loving anti-war innocents dude! Or so I've been told. I don't know from personal experience of course.

I don't remember. LOL

mrmackin

Aug 1, 2012
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I know from personal experience, and yes, you are right. We found our words wasted on deaf ears,...so we let the enjoy their own company.:argue:

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many roads must a man walk down...before you can call him a man? There's one for you "crackheads". Yes I am aware I mixed current slang to describe a past sub-culture. I was not sober when I wrote that.

mrmackin

Aug 1, 2012
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many roads must a man walk down...before you can call him a man? There's one for you "crackheads". Yes I am aware I mixed current slang to describe a past sub-culture. I was not sober when I wrote that.

No blood, no foul.:icon_thumleft: HH Dude!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions