Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the 9" eliptical for my Deus. Drove me nuts today chasing down earring studs and barrel pieces of fishing swivels and small split shot, and some gold.

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both and if I could only have one I would pick the elliptical for target separation......that is more important to me then depth when I hunt the heavy iron.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I would go elliptical as well just to expand capabilities, might even venture into nugget territory.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theppgcowboy, it makes me wonderfully happy. Wouldn't have found the one gold ring today without it. It was deep, and I almost missed it as it was off to the side of the swing.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also took the coil to a nail pit last week. Two acres of solid wall to wall nails, and huge iron to go with it. Several 19th century buildings which have been gone over a century now. The town folded and everybody moved away. Pulled a 1781 George III halfpenny, a nice dandy button, and musket ball out of it last spring, wasn't in there very long, and this week pulled an 18th century pewter button and an early 19th century brass button out of the nail patch. The thing works. Pulled a Civil War hat number "1" out of an iron patch at a different location a couple weeks ago. I posted all but the recent buttons on this site previously.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread