What highschool pranks do you know about or took part in ?

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not high school , but funny none the less. I once worked airport security for a few days covering for a vacationing officer. I got a complaint that a peeper had drilled a hole in the wall of the women's restroom and was checking out the ladies who worked the reservation desk. I found the hole in an abuting janitor's closet and put quite a bit of venetian violet powder around the hole. Anyone peeking would walk away with a purple ring around their eye. The next day we found about a dozen airport workers with purple eyes. One of them was the airport director! For some reason he didn't want the investigation to proceed any further and the hole was repaired! Monty

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few that happened at my high school back in the day.

Red dye in the water supply.
Several cars parked in the main hall.
1st floor of the school emptied of furniture.
Tires placed over the entire height of the flagpole (using a bucket truck).
Cow manure dumped at the entrances.
Cow manure dumped in the main hallway.
Cherry bomb flushed.
Fireworks going off at graduation

Several others that really were nothing less than major vandalism and should have never happened. I will forgo posting these.

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
:hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
Now That's What I'm Talkin About !
All the posts have been good and now you guys are startin to come to life .
Knew I wadn't the only JD on here ;D

bigwater

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's GMT
The night before our state high school championship baseball game we snuck into the ball field and leveled the pitchers mound. Moved the mound and rubber to where home plate was, and moved home plate to the now leveled pitcher's mound. Pulled the bags up from the bases (they were the type that stuck in a pipe in the ground) and stuck spring loaded rocking toys that we pilfered from the elementary school playground in the holes. Not going to mention the year or the town, although the statute of limitations has long since run out... but that was major chaos for the organizers of the event.

S

stefen

My daughters graduation was held in the Football Stadium...the graduates were seated in the grass facing the stadium seats...

and midway thru the ceremonies some let a bunch of snakes loose...

Hard to beat the jumping and screaming :laughing7:

S

stefen

Remember in the ole High School days, all anyone could afford was an old 1940's to 1950's vintage rods with flatheads...

And extremely fuel efficient...most of the raw gas ran out of the tail pipes...

Some of the guys would install a spark plug into the tail pipe with a power switch under the dashboard...

Then as they drove along (especially at night) they would flip the switch to the on-position and get a flame out of the pipes...

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a geometry teacher who was quite elderly and she became ill very suddenly. She was temporarily replaced by a young male teacher who tried to be a hard a$$. You know the type, thought he was a stud and tried to show everyone just how bad he is or was. We found out he was very gullible and little by little we hinted that there was a bad gang in the school and were out to get him. This was about the time the movie the movie Blackboard Jungle came out and we had him convinced the imaginary gang had switch blades and zip guns, etc. We even had him convinced that several students had been beaten up and robbed and stabbed or killed in some gruesome manner. We'd leave "accidentally dropped" notes where he was sure to find them and they would say something like, " Be in the parking lot after school, we're going to get Mr. Smith", (not his real name). Then we'd get a bunch of guys together to stand around his car after school. We didn't do anything to him, just stood around and looked sullen. Even though there wasn't nor never was a gang, it got to where he'd run to his car and jump in and burn rubber out of the parking lot. Once we got up 3 or 4 carloads of guys just to follow him and he was running over 110 down city streets to "escape". One day he just didn't show up at school and the principal said he had called and said he quit because someone was trying to kill him! The principal knew something was going on but of course we knew nothing. One of the guys popped up and said maybe he was on LSD and was halucinating. I guess I should feel bad about that now but to a teenager is was hilarious. Monty

S

stefen

There was 3 flag poles on our campus; one by the administrations office, one by the football field and the last by the senior square.

One bright spring morning, a slunk calf (unborn) was flying from each flag pole.

The fact that the school was located central to and primarily in a dairy community and that there was a major Meat Packing Plant on the fringe, had nothing to do with this prank...absolutely nothing. NOPE!

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in 1979 a friend of mine new away to make the phone in the phone booth(yes a real phone booth) to ring all day,it just kept on ringing and ringing and ringing all day long,Students would stop in between classes to answer it but nobody was on the other end.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This aint no prank. anyone ever been kicked out of school for farting.
Had this principal we called him Hawkeye he only had 1 eye :icon_pirat:. Their was this new Teacher she acted like a b**ch >:(. So a few of us were tryin to fix her wagon. So we would take turns rippin a big one in class and blame it on someone else. This teacher was having a nervous breakdown, well I arched forward in my chair and ripped one, it echoed away. Needless to say I got busted and she was very moody. She said "mr. blosser to the principals office" well I barked out "NO" she goes and gets him, he comes into the class asked me outside in the hallway. He puts his finger in my face and says, "Boy if you wanna pass gas go out on the ballfield and pass gas" so I bark out "Well you gotta go, You gotta go" That'll be 5 days suspension young man." My dad rip, laughed his ever lovin azz off bout it. :laughing9:

B

BigDan

Not high school, but my favorite "prank"

When managing an old motel years ago I decided to see which housekeeper was really cleaing well.

The set up: Buried a box behind the motel. Wrote a note saying, "Gus! I'm found. Buried the box. If you don't hear from me again, at least they won't get it. Hope you find this." I then drew a crude map. Cooked the papers in the oven at 350 until they were nice and old looking. Everyday after a guest would check out I'd sneak in and hide them in a room, just a corner sticking out from behind the dresser.

It took a few weeks, my patience was tested to all endurance. Every housekeeper had more than one chance! Finally our oldest housekeeper...a part-timer who needed a little extra spending cash, found it. I discovered her in the owner's office discussing her "find"...just the papers, she hadn't followed the map yet.

Now I got worried. I hadn't said anything about this to the owner. Each of them waivered between belief and skepticism. I had to pretend to be neutral. To her credit, the owner gave the housekeeper permission to search and told her she could keep anything she found. Of course, after all the rooms were cleaned every housekeeper and even an off duty desk clerk joined in the hunt. I followed along.

Even with a GOOD map, at least I think it should have been easy, they kept screwing up and some said there was nothing to find! There was only a small wooded lot behind the motel, and they had about five holes dug before finally someone correctly followed the map from start to finish and was standing over the spot. No shovel! All in use. That was a skeptical desk clerk and he got bored and left.

The owner left as well. It was down to me and three housekeepers when finally they dug the right spot.

Our old housekeeper pulled up the cigar box I'd buried, opened it, and found a thank you card and $100.00 cash. She was in tears...but amazingly not all happy. She was grateful, but really thought she'd never have to clean a room again!

I kind of learned from that. Sometimes pranks can hurt. But after a few days she was so happy to have found the $100.00. And I think all the housekeepers kept a closer eye on cleaning the rooms well. The owner was a little mad that I had fooled her as well...but she paid me back the $100.00 I had spent from my own pocket.

S

stefen

A good friend of mine attended USC in the late 50's a nd early 60's, and was a member of the TKE Fraternity. And being a freshman, he and other new members were scammed and harrassed daily, as you can imagine.

One weekend, along with a fraternity brother, he returned home to visit with his family. While there, they baked up several batches of Toll House cookies and used Exlax in lieu of the typical chocolate chips.

Before returning to campus, they placed the cookies in a cookie tin container and asked his mother to mail the tin, as a Care Package, to the TKE House the following week.

While getting into the spirit of the upcoming game that evening, the fraternity brothers began playing grab-a$$ football in the rear parking lot, and concurrently, the package arrived at the TKE House Friday afternoon.

As was predicted, a senior intercepted the Care Package and brought it out to where the game was being played. Shortly afterwards, the package became the keep-away football of choice.

Eventually, the packaged tin was opened and of course, the seniors and other upper-classmen shared in the spoils.

The afternoon was hot and humid, and beverages of the beer-type were consumed...along with the exlax enhanced cookies.

Suddenly, panic stricken a number of the seniors were beating a path to the community crapper on the 2nd floor of the TKE House...more seniors than stools...see where this is going... :laughing7:

Soon, they were visiting other Fraternity and Sorority houses on the same block...some even going to the on-campus gymnasium a few blocks away...

What I forgot to include in the story is that many of the seniors were on the USC football team... :thumbsup:

LJHanley06

Aug 19, 2006

Was in Army JROTC...was watching the Drill Team go through their routine...I pulled the pin on a dummy grenade and tossed it amongst them...half of them stood there wondering why the other half where diving on the ground. You could tell who went to Boot the Summer before Senior Year.

Bologna in the Science teachers shoes...most of the day before he figured it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread